PDA

View Full Version : So does Sam's mother die?

Shadow
03-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Ok a long while back there was a rumor going around that there would be part of the movie where Sam's mother may die. Could this rumor be true?

Neither the University of Philadelphia nor the Princeton University are named in the film, because both schools' bodies felt that the Judy Witwicky scenes were damaging to their image.:rolleyes:

Ladies_Man_217
03-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Ok a long while back there was a rumor going around that there would be part of the movie where Sam's mother may die. Could this rumor be true?

Neither the University of Philadelphia nor the Princeton University are named in the film, because both schools' bodies felt that the Judy Witwicky scenes were damaging to their image.:rolleyes:Whoa---I never heard any info like that about her character but....she does appear in the MTV "Spoilers" clip {college footage} that also featured Sam & his father on campus. In addition, rumor has it they {Ron & Judy} are supposed to have scenes that take place in Paris, France.

I look at them being in Paris on vacation {if that's why they're in Paris} after Sam has started college---just my opinion but as we all know---June 24th will answer all these questions :)

Sillypuddy
03-12-2009, 02:27 AM

Neither the University of Philadelphia nor the Princeton University are named in the film, because both schools' bodies felt that the Judy Witwicky scenes were damaging to their image.:rolleyes:

God help us.....she could bring up "Sam's happy time!!!"

Seriously, it would make sense that one of his parents kicks it in this film. Brings it back to the Spike/Sparkplug association(even w/o the names).

uraydo
03-12-2009, 02:37 AM

Why the Hell would you want to know that. see that's the kind of movie info I could do with out. That would be a Grade A spoiler. in fact, I am done with this thread.

done I say.

StefsChemicalRomance
03-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Far out. Haven't heard that rumour at all.

Might explain a lot of trailer footage of Ron and not so much Judy..

And in reply to uraydo, Agreed. Im outties.

Try putting spoiler in the thread title man. Sheesh.

Specter1980
03-12-2009, 03:00 AM
ok guys, I dont think Shadow was going for a spoiler here. He was just asking if anyone heard about this rumor and if there was truth to it. Calm down a bit guys. People get so jumpy around here for little things. And yes it would explain why we dont see much of mama in the trailers.:p

Ladies_Man_217
03-12-2009, 03:14 AM
And yes it would explain why we dont see much of mama in the trailers.:pI personally enjoyed the characters in the first movie {GREAT acting choices as well} but....it makes for some interesting conversation when you don't see a major character in the trailers. Take 'Ratchet' for example....absent from the teasers and it has people wondering????

As long as we perpetuate rumors all the way until June 24th and do not have the plot figured out......Bay & Co. has succeeded {BTW--my money is on THEM fooling all of us}

Specter1980
03-12-2009, 03:17 AM
I personally enjoyed the characters in the first movie {GREAT acting choices as well} but....it makes for some interesting conversation when you don't see a major character in the trailers. Take 'Ratchet' for example....absent from the teasers and it has people wondering????

As long as we perpetuate rumors all the way until June 24th and do not have the plot figured out......Bay & Co. has succeeded {BTW--my money is on THEM fooling all of us}well I for one think it would make for a great story twist to the whole having Sam have to grow up fast and become a man if he should lose his mom. And as for Ratchet, I'm sticking with Shadow on the idea that the reason we may not see him alot might have to do with maybe he does infact help revive Megs for some reason or is kidnapped by Soundwave and forced to help revive Megs. Could happen.

Ladies_Man_217
03-12-2009, 03:28 AM
well I for one think it would make for a great story twist to the whole having Sam have to grow up fast and become a man if he should lose his mom. And as for Ratchet, I'm sticking with Shadow on the idea that the reason we may not see him alot might have to do with maybe he does infact help revive Megs for some reason or is kidnapped by Soundwave and forced to help revive Megs. Could happen.*** SPOILER BELOW ***

I remember the footage being shot in an alley {representing Paris} where both Ron & Judy were running and then were stopped dead {no PUN here} in their tracks with a bright light. I won't rule out any info until I'm walking out of that IMAX at 3 in the morning :)

I haven't heard that rumor about Ratchet---I must add that one to the memory banks.

SDL
03-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Take a look at the shot of Sam telling his dad to run..... look behind Ron. You can see Judy's hair and shoulder as the camera pans slightly.

Trailbreaker
03-12-2009, 06:34 AM

Please no.

nelson
03-12-2009, 07:24 AM

No.

JasonGarwood
03-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Nooooooooooooooooo!

haha messing, Good find, I really enjoy Judy and her death scene will be quite emotional if it happens.

Optimash Prime
03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Take a look at the shot of Sam telling his dad to run..... look behind Ron. You can see Judy's hair and shoulder as the camera pans slightly.

Nice Spot SDL...the scene where sam says "you dont stop you run"... you can see frizzy hair and a white sweater shoulder. Its funny cause ive watched this traier 95739845739 times and thats just a great spot SDL... :)

Mailman
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM
This is the type of thing I donīt want to know. Iīm not viewing this thread anymore.

SDL
03-12-2009, 10:44 AM
my brother and i have a hadit of looking through the BIG trailers nitpicking and spotting clues or whatnot hidden in them (I blame Halo 3 for this lol)

If i'm right it's possible a main human character is killed....... but the rumour i was told wasn't about Judy Witwicky.......

littleman794
03-12-2009, 11:21 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa..a....

If she died, the movie would be pointless...i mean, come ON!!

she is obviously the MAIN star!!!

or not...

Ladies_Man_217
03-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Take a look at the shot of Sam telling his dad to run..... look behind Ron. You can see Judy's hair and shoulder as the camera pans slightly.I had to re-watch for myself---I never noticed it either. I guess I was just so blown-away by that Excavator transformation right before it that I never gave it a thought.

GREAT EYE!!!

Shadow
03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
my brother and i have a hadit of looking through the BIG trailers nitpicking and spotting clues or whatnot hidden in them (I blame Halo 3 for this lol)

If i'm right it's possible a main human character is killed....... but the rumour i was told wasn't about Judy Witwicky.......the only two rumors i heard were either the death of Sam's mom or the death of Simmons.

SDL
03-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Simmons was the one i heard......

But i've heard shedloads of differing rumours for ROTF.......so i guess only Mr Bay and a few select people actually know which are real and which are false.

Shadow
03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Simmons was the one i heard......

But i've heard shedloads of differing rumours for ROTF.......so i guess only Mr Bay and a few select people actually know which are real and which are false.true true very true.

Trailbreaker
03-12-2009, 03:27 PM
No.

^^This.

dragonfire144
03-12-2009, 03:32 PM
hmm never heard that simmons may die but i do remember the rumour about Judy

kidcrashhh
03-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Can it just be summer already!?!?!?!

Ladies_Man_217
03-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Can it just be summer already!?!?!?!AGREED :)

That should be your signature!!

AutobotHulk
03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
For some reason I just can't see her being killed off, I don't think these movies are trying to go that deep, some of the Autobots dying is a different thing but the humans not so much, these movies seem like the type of movies where the main characters and people directly connected to the main characters don't get killed off and remember these movies are also being marketed to kids and to sell toys and I don't see them dropping something that heavy on a summer blockbuster geared not just at older fans but at the millions of new younger fans.

Shadow
03-12-2009, 10:19 PM
For some reason I just can't see her being killed off, I don't think these movies are trying to go that deep, some of the Autobots dying is a different thing but the humans not so much, these movies seem like the type of movies where the main characters and people directly connected to the main characters don't get killed off and remember these movies are also being marketed to kids and to sell toys and I don't see them dropping something that heavy on a summer blockbuster geared not just at older fans but at the millions of new younger fans.well i will say you are not looking at this movie the right way. THis movie is not going to be like the first. I wouldnt put it past Bay to knock off a few main human character. Why? For the same reason some of the Transformers will die... to bring in fresh new faces to keep the next movie fresh and exciting. I mean think about it, we really dont need Simmons any longer. He has done his part so I can maybe see him going. The same with Sam's mom. Not saying hey will die but if I was Sam and the D-cons killed one of my family, It would be a big turning point in my life and would make me grow up real quick.

taybrian1
03-12-2009, 10:19 PM
You can't kill off Judy. She has so much spunk that I think she might be immortal. She'd just kick someones aft with a baseball bat.

UnclePetey
03-13-2009, 12:16 AM
She'd just kick someones aft with a baseball bat.

And that's just for messin with the pooch!

littleman794
03-13-2009, 12:17 AM
and his BLING !!!!!!!

SDL
03-13-2009, 05:03 AM
or for messing with her bush....es