PDA

View Full Version : Thief Thief Thief!!!

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Here we go again! :wtf

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Transformers-Revenge-computer-mousepad-mats-MP11_W0QQitemZ170307301902QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item170307301902&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://www.artsnow.com/img/4-26089623-0-0-1

How many times can this happen?

Thanks for the heads up Saiho!

Trailbreaker
03-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Sue 'em.

SDL
03-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Damn...hope you've reported these.... creatures... to EBAY.

I was at a sci-fi convention a few weeks back and i saw a fair number of images for sale there that i knew were copyright infringments. Sadly there are 'people' out there that will always do anything they can to make money.... and frak anyone else.

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Damn...hope you've reported these.... creatures... to EBAY.

I was at a sci-fi convention a few weeks back and i saw a fair number of images for sale there that i knew were copyright infringments. Sadly there are 'people' out there that will always do anything they can to make money.... and frak anyone else.

Not the first time it happened. I think if I were at a convention and saw my work I would just say it's mine and grab it. If they'd try to stop me I'd actually want the attention. I know my Metlife Posters were seen at conventions before.

SDL
03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
if i ever saw my work beign sold at a convention i'd probably call the men in white coats to take the sellers away lol

Have you ever considered putting a faint wartermark on your images?

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
if i ever saw my work beign sold at a convention i'd probably call the men in white coats to take the sellers away lol

Have you ever considered putting a faint wartermark on your images?

Well our names are still on it.

Michael Do
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
wth with these fake mouse pad. these idiots just taking a plain mouse pad img and add imges to it and then put it on Ebay for auction. I saw alot of these while I was searching for rotf toys. these idiots make me sick tbh.

Shadow
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Well our names are still on it.didyou copyrite your work before posting it here?

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 08:04 PM
didyou copyrite your work before posting it here?

I'm not spending $40 a pop to copyright fanwork.

Shadow
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm not spending $40 a pop to copyright fanwork. well then there really isnt a thing you can do then bro. But think about it... if you would have spent that $40 to copyrite it and seen someone like this jerk taking and making money off your ideas you would have a lot more money right now;)

Trailbreaker
03-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Well then your stuff is free for the taking. Sorry man.

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 08:34 PM
well then there really isnt a thing you can do then bro. But think about it... if you would have spent that $40 to copyrite it and seen someone like this jerk taking and making money off your ideas you would have a lot more money right now;)

There's a lot more to it than that my friend. Unless he's making thousands of dollars on this stuff there's really no point and nothing I'd gain. Look at people selling mixtapes. Just about all the instrumentals are owned by someone else. No one really cares because it's so low profile. It's not about the money, simply the principal of the situation.

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Well then your stuff is free for the taking. Sorry man.

Just because something isn't legally copyrighted doesn't mean anyone has the right to take it and sell it. If you no longer have the receipt to your TV does that mean I can over and steal it from you and put it on ebay? I mean you can't prove it's yours. :D

Shadow
03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
There's a lot more to it than that my friend. Unless he's making thousands of dollars on this stuff there's really no point and nothing I'd gain. Look at people selling mixtapes. Just about all the instrumentals are owned by someone else. No one really cares because it's so low profile. It's not about the money, simply the principal of the situation.ya i understand that bro... its just im sure it gets to you to see your stuff being used by someone else and well if i were you id contact this person through his ebay page and tell him/her you see theyer using your stuff and either you want a part of what they make or you demand they stop. You can also gripe to ebay about it.

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 08:41 PM
ya i understand that bro... its just im sure it gets to you to see your stuff being used by someone else and well if i were you id contact this person through his ebay page and tell him/her you see theyer using your stuff and either you want a part of what they make or you demand they stop. You can also gripe to ebay about it.

Already got it covered!

megatron42
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
shadows right get it copyrigted.. hell i'd do the same for my fanfic along with shadow
and bumblebee1983 as owners, we made it up as we went along

Shadow
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Already got it covered!cool!! I hope it works out for you bro.

Shadow
03-04-2009, 08:43 PM
shadows right get it copyrigted.. hell i'd do the same for my fanfic along with shadow
and bumblebee1983 as owners, we made it up as we went along that was taken care of megs;) no worries.

TIMtationX
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
All this thievery going on just shows how awesome your work is.:cool:

megatron42
03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
that was taken care of megs;) no worries.

sweet thanks

sora
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Art theft sucks..

phoenixgirl
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Some people will do anything to earn a few bucks.:mad:

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Son of a bitch!!! :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Transformer-JetFire_W0QQitemZ260371672770QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260371672770&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/1/2/1/2/9/9/webimg/235956496_o.jpg
:deadhorse1:

Devastator
03-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Just pay for a copyright and get it over with. You're only hurting yourself. Stop being so stubborn. If I didn't have the respect I do for artist I'd be doing the same thing if I found no copyright.

phoenixgirl
03-04-2009, 10:22 PM
The guy has too much time on his hands to be ripping of computer artists.

Devastator
03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
The guy has too much time on his hands to be ripping of computer artists. LOL, yea but what else is there to do in Malaysia?

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Just pay for a copyright and get it over with. You're only hurting yourself. Stop being so stubborn. If I didn't have the respect I do for artist I'd be doing the same thing if I found no copyright.

What do I have to gain man? I'm not being stubborn, I'm being realistic. I copyright my personal projects. This stuff we do for fun. I'd waste more money on copyrights than I would ever get back.

Ladies_Man_217
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
I know this probably isn't the right time to bring this up but.....

That 'Jetfire' concept has got to be my favorite

p.s. I'm sure that eBay will take care of this matter for ya!!

Devastator
03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Aren't you wasting your time and money trying to stop them now?

You could get your money back by selling some sort of thing like he is doing at conventions, deviant art, or on ebay. People would by them if they are from the original artist. There would be legal matters but wouldn't it be worth it if something like that happened? You could end up designing TF's for Hasbro.

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Aren't you wasting your time and money trying to stop them now?

You could get your money back by selling some sort of thing like he is doing at conventions, deviant art, or on ebay. People would by them if they are from the original artist. There would be legal matters but wouldn't it be worth it if something like that happened? You could end up designing TF's for Hasbro.

How am I wasting money again?

Devastator
03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Dunno, are you? Was a question. Anyway, good luck. Hope you get it settled. Sucked last time and it will suck again, lol.

taybrian1
03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Aw...Jester! I fell so bad for you. I would feel the same way if someone stole my stories. *Hugs.*

Jarek Zabczynski
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Dunno, are you? Was a question. Anyway, good luck. Hope you get it settled. Sucked last time and it will suck again, lol.

Ebay will take it down in a couple days.

bossimus
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM
i imagine the guy's gonna get some fair backlash once the movie comes out and everyone of his customers finds none of the bots in it! although too late to really matter, unless we all get on ebay and hassle the crap out of him!

Mech_1000
03-05-2009, 12:12 AM
If you really like something you've created you should get it copy written. Just think of poor Tetris :-( :)

The Great
03-05-2009, 03:45 AM
then quit crying.

MrX
03-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Bidding has ended for this item

I guess this means that its been removed? That or its been purchased. It still sucks.

Not your picture!

Just the fact that someone did this. I know If someone did this to me I'd be upset about it. Hope things get straighten out.

Jarek Zabczynski
03-05-2009, 05:48 AM
then quit crying.

Who said I was. I think it's hilarious.

The Great
03-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Who said I was. I think it's hilarious.
I don't think it's funny at all. I wouldn't take it so lightly if it was something of mine i put my time into. However, if your not going to do anything with it at least someone is making money off it

Swift
03-05-2009, 12:36 PM
well then there really isnt a thing you can do then bro. But think about it... if you would have spent that $40 to copyrite it and seen someone like this jerk taking and making money off your ideas you would have a lot more money right now;)

yeah, very agreeable

megatron42
03-05-2009, 02:27 PM
i googled for an av of jetfire.. i found one like the one on ebays auction
and using for an av on a snowmobile board

Jarek Zabczynski
03-05-2009, 03:33 PM
However, if your not going to do anything with it at least someone is making money off it

Well that's certainly a shit view of how these things work no?

Sillypuddy
03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Well that's certainly a shit view of how these things work no?

there are millions of things out there where the inventor/creator did not protect his/her creations and had to watch others reap the benefit/proceeds for it. If it is funny to you, then there can't be anything wrong with this person trying to profit from it....deep down, does it piss you off?? If it does, gather them all up and protect them legally....

Jarek Zabczynski
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
there are millions of things out there where the inventor/creator did not protect his/her creations and had to watch others reap the benefit/proceeds for it. If it is funny to you, then there can't be anything wrong with this person trying to profit from it....deep down, does it piss you off?? If it does, gather them all up and protect them legally....

Ebay already handled one of them. I'm just not understanding the hostile attitude along with well "well if you don't copyright it that means it's perfectly ok for someone else to take it and sell it" responses. Cause it's not. I don't care if some nobody wants to try to make $5 bucks on something with ebay. They aren't gona get far. Now let's say Hasbro starts selling posters and making toys after the design, that's a completely different story.

Hanna
03-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Ebay already handled one of them. I'm just not understanding the hostile attitude along with well "well if you don't copyright it that means it's perfectly ok for someone else to take it and sell it" responses. Cause it's not. I don't care if some nobody wants to try to make $5 bucks on something with ebay. They aren't gona get far. Now let's say Hasbro starts selling posters and making toys after the design, that's a completely different story.

They're upset because they care about you and your work. And the theft is theft.

Something for you to consider though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poor_man's_copyright
Hey you never know it might work.

TANK CORE 78
03-05-2009, 10:35 PM
What if it wasn't ebay! thin what? see my art is not the best, but I would get my work copyrighted if i thought it was going to make money! For you, your work is vary good and it makes money! fan made or not! well on the side note, I feel your pain!:(

taybrian1
03-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Maybe Mr. Bay saw this and might help you. Hey, you never know.

r-type
03-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Sucks man. Give some of us more credit, though. It's not like some of us think you and Jolin are actually crying on each others' shoulders over $5 mousepads.

....or are you? :D (j/k)

Sounds like eBay is doing what they are supposed to be doing. I love the part where the dude was looking for positive seller feedback. LMAO.

Btw, didn't this happen to MitGas(sp?) and Tim Shinn with Soundwave t-shirts, or something to that effect, a while back?

nightshade
03-07-2009, 03:50 AM
I'm an artist to JesterJJZ, I hate to see you go through this. I would put a copywrite on the artwork, not just keep my artwork safe but to give me a peace of mind. Your art is awsome and if I done work like that I would protect it even if it was fanmade.

JOLIN
03-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Sucks man. Give some of us more credit, though. It's not like some of us think you and Jolin are actually crying on each others' shoulders over $5 mousepads.

....or are you? :D (j/k)

Sounds like eBay is doing what they are supposed to be doing. I love the part where the dude was looking for positive seller feedback. LMAO.

Btw, didn't this happen to MitGas(sp?) and Tim Shinn with Soundwave t-shirts, or something to that effect, a while back?

Not really, I think it funny more than anything!:)

thelastautobot
03-08-2009, 12:48 PM
its nice knowing your work is worth stealing!!! they loved it that much!!;)