PDA

View Full Version : Jetfire is an old fart!!!

celtic3039
02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
i saw the 2nd teaser and noticed that when Scorponok rolls out to attack....he is actually attacking Jetfire who standing holding a crane....a crane?!?:wtf....i mean yes hes an experienced fighter but making him an old fart would be so dumb....i was hoping a little younger Jetfire (40 yrs.) would have been perfect so as to when he backstabs the Cons it would have been nice to see him Starscream take the fight to the next level....but i guess its not gonna happen and we'll see just an ordinary run of the mill fight:( now that he appears to be 80 yrs or something i dont think he'll be so strong....any thoughts on this

littleman794
02-19-2009, 12:00 AM
i saw the 2nd teaser and noticed that when Scorponok rolls out to attack....he is actually attacking Jetfire who standing holding a crane....a crane?!?:wtf....i mean yes hes an experienced fighter but making him an old fart would be so dumb....i was hoping a little younger Jetfire (40 yrs.) would have been perfect so as to when he backstabs the Cons it would have been nice to see him Starscream take the fight to the next level....but i guess its not gonna happen and we'll see just an ordinary run of the mill fight:( now that he appears to be 80 yrs or something i dont think he'll be so strong....any thoughts on this

remember, this could be fake...it could be different....

so ur previous theory may be correct, but Michael designed the trailer to make us think different stuff...

just throwing that out there...

StefsChemicalRomance
02-19-2009, 12:45 AM
You can't underestimate old characters after seeing Kung Fu Panda. :D

Master Ugwe is the shit!

littleman794
02-19-2009, 12:46 AM
You can't underestimate old characters after seeing Kung Fu Panda. :D

Master Ugwe is the shit!

lol, you make a good point:D

StefsChemicalRomance
02-19-2009, 12:47 AM
That's me! :)

littleman794
02-19-2009, 01:03 AM
"Skadoosh!"

StefsChemicalRomance
02-19-2009, 01:04 AM
I see you like to chew. Maybe you should chew.. ON MY FIST!

Papabooey! :D

littleman794
02-19-2009, 01:09 AM
It is said that his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!

I'm not a big fat panda. I'm *the* big fat panda.

The Sword of Heroes! Said to be so sharp you can get cut just by looking at - Ow!

The Furious Five! You look a lot bigger than your action figures! Except you, Mantis. You're about the same.

StefsChemicalRomance
02-19-2009, 01:10 AM
The invisible spear of Destiny!?!

Ok stop now. No derailing threads.

littleman794
02-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Wow! I've only seen paintings of that painting!

llol, random quotes:D

littleman794
02-19-2009, 01:12 AM
The invisible spear of Destiny!?!

Ok stop now. No derailing threads.

ya, ok....derail disontinued!

jetfire being an old fart restart!

MegaOctane
02-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Don't see any problems with him being old. Just makes him look wiser.
As long as his not both old and stupid.

StefsChemicalRomance
02-19-2009, 01:28 AM
It wouldn't make sense for him to be "Bumblebee" age or anything.

He has to be of equal or greater age than Prime.

MegaOctane
02-19-2009, 01:34 AM
It wouldn't make sense for him to be "Bumblebee" age or anything.

He has to be of equal or greater age than Prime.

Yes, totally agree.
To give his character some weight, he must be an experienced soldier.

guppyvh
02-19-2009, 01:37 AM
I would like to see an old fart beeting the crap out of al the others
no one can defeat me!!! exept for an old fart ^^
(man, serieus dejavu after saying that.....)

King of Kings
02-19-2009, 03:23 AM
He might not be old, maybe he is just injured.

ARCEE^_^
02-19-2009, 04:39 AM
wow why are we talking about Kung Fu panda?
when I think of a wise old man that can beat the shit out of people I think of Yoda!
when I was little he used to give me night mare!

Trailbreaker
02-19-2009, 08:06 AM

What crane? He wasn't holding a crane.

http://www.matrentalco.com/assets/mat-demag-crane-lg.jpghttp://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/willow/crane-info1.gif

b-bug
02-19-2009, 11:27 AM
What crane? He wasn't holding a crane.

That's what I was thinking :lol.

anyways, it's not his old fart cane. It's his pimp stick/cane. HE'S A PIMP! His name is Pimp Master J :lol.

littleman794
02-19-2009, 11:28 AM
That's what I was thinking :lol.

anyways, it's not his old fart cane. It's his pimp stick/cane. HE'S A PIMP! His name is Pimp Master J :lol.

thats what i thought!...hes a pimp lord:D

guppyvh
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
it is a crane as in this kind:

http://www.eliesbik.com/Pics2008/krukken.jpg

(krukken is the dutch word for it, btw)

littleman794
02-19-2009, 11:43 AM
no it was this:

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/disguise/18110-15-main.jpg

guppyvh
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
woops, guess i posted the wrong picture....

littleman794
02-19-2009, 11:50 AM
lol, yes you did...only it looks like that pimp cane but it has an "8 ball" handle:D

phoenixgirl
02-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I agree with Littleman when the cane is not there because Jetfire is disabled.

Maybe the cane is just for show, or maybe it has a dual purpose. We have all heard of those canes where you take off the head and pull a sword out. Maybe Jetfires cane does the same sort of thing. Maybe it transforms into a super sword that can cut through anything or matbe it is a deadly laser that can hit enemies from hundreds of miles away. That would be so cool.:D

phoenixgirl
02-19-2009, 12:18 PM
http://eagleswords.com/library/AntiqueBrassSwordCane.jpg
Something like this only Cybertronian design

Blacknight
02-19-2009, 03:00 PM
ok you have to think in terms of Transformers first of all he cant be 80 yearsold..... the spark crashed here 10,001 years ago....

celtic3039
02-19-2009, 11:55 PM
ooooooops:o i meant cane not crane.....thx for that trailbreaker......oh shit ... i just thanked an autobot follower

xana
02-20-2009, 01:00 AM
wasn't there something going around that jetfire became crippled? Whatever he was leaning on he was probably using to lean on. :p

Trailbreaker
02-20-2009, 08:28 AM
ooooooops:o i meant cane not crane.....thx for that trailbreaker......oh shit ... i just thanked an autobot follower
No prob. But I just had to throw that in there. Couldn't resist. :lol

Battlebot
02-20-2009, 10:37 PM
It wouldn't make sense for Jetfire to need a cane because of being old. If that were the case the Fallen would need one. Since he is the oldest of them all. So Jetfire must have some injury or ailment.

primusnine
02-20-2009, 10:54 PM
I get the feeling age is not of concern to Transformers in general, since they have been around for thousands of years... Most likely he'll just be the kind of guy who acts all decrepit then kicks all ass with his pimp stick.

Say goodbye to Scorp!

Shadow
02-20-2009, 10:56 PM
I get the feeling age is not of concern to Transformers in general, since they have been around for thousands of years... Most likely he'll just be the kind of guy who acts all decrepit then kicks all ass with his pimp stick.

Say goodbye to Scorp! ya i dont think Scorp is going to make it out of this movie alive lol.

taybrian1
02-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Jetfire as an old guy doesn't really make sense to me. Maybe it's a bot that he's keeping secret from us.

Battlebot
02-20-2009, 10:59 PM

Say goodbye to Scorp!
Don't say that. I don't want them to kill off Scorps. To many D-cons have died.

primusnine
02-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Don't say that. I don't want them to kill off Scorps. To many D-cons have died.

I know, and I agree... But somehow I get the feeling our beloved scorpion friend has bitten off a little more than he can chew (or stab, shot, explode, burn, maim etc) in Jetfire.

However, we may see the old fella go down, before Optimus shows up and helps him out.

StealthSeeker
02-21-2009, 07:57 AM
My First post. haha.

Its not a crane. It's one of his landing gear. :p

And i'm sure whether he has a support stick or "crane" cuz the landing gear is too short.