PDA

View Full Version : Hate The Fact That Junk Food Will Advertise ROTF

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 12:08 AM
So Burger King and M&M's will be advertising TF2. I just find this rather sickening given that that this movie will be aimed at kids and teens especially growing up in a nation horribly addicted to junk food with all the obesity and health problems that come with that addiction.

What I find disgusting about this movie advertising itself through junk food brands is that it simultaneously features very attractive people. Skinny and shapely Megan Fox and a very fit Shia along with other actors and actresses. They didn't get their attractive bodies from drinking soda all day and eating candy and burgers nonstop. What kind of message is this sending to people, especially impressionable kids and teens? That they can eat fast food and candy and be as attractive and popular as Megan Fox? God help us if this movie features Megan Fox eating the junk food this movie is advertising.

StefsChemicalRomance
02-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Thats what advertising is all about. Lol.

Welcome, To the REAL world.

uraydo
02-16-2009, 12:25 AM
you might as well hate the world... which I do.

r-type
02-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Nobody has ever gotten fat from eating a bag of M&M's, a hamburger, or a can of coke. The've gotten fat from overeating them on a daily basis. Let assess why YoungTFfan would be suffering from Juvenile Onset Diabetes at 12 shall we? (genetics, notwithstanding)

He's probably gotten fat from constantly eating junk because mommy and daddy are too lazy or tired to prep nutritious food. Or they are scared to tell him/her "no". Or because his school's budget is so tight they "trimmed the fat" by cutting Phys. Ed. programs. Nobody has ever lost weight from watching TV either, YoungTFfan should get out and ride a bike, or play some ball, instead of sitting on the couch watching TFs 30 times in a row.

You can't fault the entertainment industry for going where the $$ takes them. But you can fault the parents for not teaching their gluttonous children self-control/discipline.

I agree that the influence to purchase these junk-food tie-ins is very strong when associated to a big movie like this. But at what point does personal repsonsibility take precedent and not the fact that Bumblebee endorses Snickers, therefore causing YoungTFfan to eat one at breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Ed Fuego
02-16-2009, 12:34 AM
While I agree that our country has some pretty bad dietery tendencies, I don't really get all the worked up over this. I mean, eating Burger King and M & M's isn't inherently bad for you, just eating too much of it is. But eating too much of just about anything is going to be bad for you eventually.

I mean, given that sponsorship is an important part of a movie like this, who would you rather see be the sponsors?

I also don't agree with your suggestion that having Burger King as a sponsor of a movie depicting very thin, sexy people sends a bad message; I find it very unlikely that a psychological connection could be made between those two things. Now, if in the movie Megan Fox has a scene where she eats five Whoppers, maybe, and it's still a stretch, but maybe there would be some evidence that people would be negatively influenced by that. But in end, it's still a person's choice to eat responsibly or not, and that internal struggle is always going to be more powerful than any advertising. And while kids might be more easily sold (obviously), I don't see that as a necessary responsibility on the part of the filmmakers. I know it seems like a cliche, but that's a parents' job.

Ed Fuego

redqueenar
02-16-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm not sharin' my Reese's Pieces with you if this is how you're gonna be, Wreck. Nom Nom Nom! :D

(Reese's Pieces received an eighty-one percent jump in sales after being featured in E.T. in 1982, which essentially put the candy on the map. M&M actually turned Spielberg down!)

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm not sharin' my Reese's Pieces with you if this is how you're gonna be, Wreck. Nom Nom Nom! :D

(Reese's Pieces received an eighty-one percent jump in sales after being featured in E.T. in 1982, which essentially put the candy on the map. M&M actually turned Spielberg down!)

You can keep your Reese's Pieces.

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 12:54 AM
While I agree that our country has some pretty bad dietery tendencies, I don't really get all the worked up over this. I mean, eating Burger King and M & M's isn't inherently bad for you, just eating too much of it is. But eating too much of just about anything is going to be bad for you eventually.

I mean, given that sponsorship is an important part of a movie like this, who would you rather see be the sponsors?

I also don't agree with your suggestion that having Burger King as a sponsor of a movie depicting very thin, sexy people sends a bad message; I find it very unlikely that a psychological connection could be made between those two things. Now, if in the movie Megan Fox has a scene where she eats five Whoppers, maybe, and it's still a stretch, but maybe there would be some evidence that people would be negatively influenced by that. But in end, it's still a person's choice to eat responsibly or not, and that internal struggle is always going to be more powerful than any advertising. And while kids might be more easily sold (obviously), I don't see that as a necessary responsibility on the part of the filmmakers. I know it seems like a cliche, but that's a parents' job.

Ed Fuego

I agree that personal responsibility is most important. And yes, eating a Whopper or a bag of M&M's once in a while won't hurt you. But I find it deceitful that they are using super fit models to advertise these foods.

Eating fast food has become something more than an issue of personal responsibility in this nation. Many families eat fast food and other junk food because of their limited budgets. Some fast food items have become cheaper to eat three times a day than food from the store. I find this to be a sad circumstance of this society. A circumstance that Hollywood movies are promoting.

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 12:56 AM
you might as well hate the world... which I do.

I thought you hated the whole universe. :p

Ed Fuego
02-16-2009, 01:05 AM
I agree that personal responsibility is most important. And yes, eating a Whopper or a bag of M&M's once in a while won't hurt you. But I find it deceitful that they are using super fit models to advertise these foods.

Eating fast food has become something more than an issue of personal responsibility in this nation. Many families eat fast food and other junk food because of their limited budgets. Some fast food items have become cheaper to eat three times a day than food from the store. I find this to be a sad circumstance of this society. A circumstance that Hollywood movies' are promoting.

Well, as I said, I disagree that showing super fit models in a movie and having a sponsor of the movie be a restaurant that serves unhealthy food is really deceitful; I fail to see a direct connection between the two. Again, if the super fit models are in the commercial (like when Paris Hilton did the commercial a couple years ago with Carl's, Jr), then yeah, it's a little different and their is a plausible connection. I mean, if Subway had sponsored Paul Blart: Mall Cop, I wouldn't make the connection that the movie about an out of shape Rent-a-cop was promoting good eating habits to America by having Subway as a sponsor, either.

I do agree with your point about fast food becoming more a "necessity" for some families; I hadn't really thought of that. Although I think in the long run it is much cheaper to cook your own food than eat at any restaurant; graduate students have lived on ramin noodles for years.:)

Ed Fuego

redqueenar
02-16-2009, 01:05 AM

Eating fast food has become something more than an issue of personal responsibility in this nation. Many families eat fast food and other junk food because of their limited budgets. Some fast food items have become cheaper to eat three times a day than food from the store. I find this to be a sad circumstance of this society. A circumstance that Hollywood movies' are promoting.

But cross-promotion like that has alway existed (which is what I was trying to point out). It just seems insidious now that so many kids are over-weight. I was heavy as a kid. My Dad would pick me up every day, feed me fast food and then put me behind the desk at his shop. He didn't have time for anything else. I ate a lot of Burger King because it was right across the street and I could walk there as a kid. It's just how it is.

You want to hate on something, hate on high fructose corn. There's no way to eat that stuff "in moderation" as the commercials suggest because they put it in EVERYTHING. The reason high fructose corn syrup is bad for you is because you regular sugar will make you feel full, but HFCS doesn't fill you. You eat a lot more of it that way. The reason there are so many diabetics in America now is that manufacturers now use it sweeten everything.

uraydo
02-16-2009, 01:07 AM
I thought you hated the whole universe. :p

what did the universe ever, do to me?

r-type
02-16-2009, 01:18 AM
But cross-promotion like that has alway existed (which is what I was trying to point out). It just seems insidious now that so many kids are over-weight. I was heavy as a kid. My Dad would pick me up every day, feed me fast food and then put me behind the desk at his shop. He didn't have time for anything else. I ate a lot of Burger King because it was right across the street and I could walk there as a kid. It's just how it is.

You want to hate on something, hate on high fructose corn. There's no way to eat that stuff "in moderation" as the commercials suggest because they put it in EVERYTHING. The reason high fructose corn syrup is bad for you is because you regular sugar will make you feel full, but HFCS doesn't fill you. You eat a lot more of it that way. The reason there are so many diabetics in America now is that manufacturers now use it sweeten everything. That's why Mexican Coca-Cola and Dublin Dr. Pepper taste so much better, IMO. Still made with pure cane sugar. :)

But Wreckage countered well with the fact that it has become cheaply convenient for a family to live off of value meals. But then again I feel Ed makes a stronger point with the fact that shopping smart and cooking at home can yield more bang for your buck. You can exercise portion control at that point as well.

r-type
02-16-2009, 01:19 AM
what did the universe ever, do to me? Well for starters, turned you into a loveable Panda stricken with Uraybies.

uraydo
02-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Well for starters, turned you into a loveable Panda stricken with Uraybies.
I thought theGreat did that. Maybe not the Uraybies, but defiantly the panda thing.

MouseNo4
02-16-2009, 02:01 AM
Im afraid ive never heard of reeses pieces.

uraydo
02-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Im afraid ive never heard of reeses pieces.
don't be scared.

MegaOctane
02-16-2009, 03:12 AM
In the advertising business, its all about the money. Most of them don't give a d*** if it isn't ethically or morally right. It's every man for himself out there in the real world, and i don't think thats a good thing. But what the hell... soon transformers 2 will be out in a cinema near you, and for 3 hours you might just forget how stupid the world is.

uraydo
02-16-2009, 03:47 AM
damn isn't a curse word anymore, they say it on TV.

MegaOctane
02-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Just being careful. Don't know what is allowed or not in the US, and don't want to risk being banned from the forum.

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Well, as I said, I disagree that showing super fit models in a movie and having a sponsor of the movie be a restaurant that serves unhealthy food is really deceitful; I fail to see a direct connection between the two. Again, if the super fit models are in the commercial (like when Paris Hilton did the commercial a couple years ago with Carl's, Jr), then yeah, it's a little different and their is a plausible connection. I mean, if Subway had sponsored Paul Blart: Mall Cop, I wouldn't make the connection that the movie about an out of shape Rent-a-cop was promoting good eating habits to America by having Subway as a sponsor, either.

I do agree with your point about fast food becoming more a "necessity" for some families; I hadn't really thought of that. Although I think in the long run it is much cheaper to cook your own food than eat at any restaurant; graduate students have lived on ramin noodles for years.:)

Ed Fuego

But TF2, just like TF1, will be another commercial selling not only toys, but GM cars, military recruitment, junk food, computers, and other products. It's bad enough that this movie is selling military recruitment and tons of products to lots of people, especially impressionable kids. Toys I can understand since this movie is about TF toys. But military recruitment, GM cars, and computers, and junk food? Ok, it's selling military recruitment because the it couldn't get the military cooperation it needed unless it did. And that to me is bad enough. But if TF2 is going to be, like TF1, so successful, why does it need all the product placement? Especially by selling junk food to impressionable kids. I know so many kids who eat the stuff nonstop and don't exercise personal restraint. And what's deceiving is that they are thin. But most likely, not very healthy. And they have difficulty paying attention in school and don't realize that that stuff will catch up to them when they get older.

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 09:26 AM

You want to hate on something, hate on high fructose corn. There's no way to eat that stuff "in moderation" as the commercials suggest because they put it in EVERYTHING. The reason high fructose corn syrup is bad for you is because you regular sugar will make you feel full, but HFCS doesn't fill you. You eat a lot more of it that way. The reason there are so many diabetics in America now is that manufacturers now use it sweeten everything.

Yep, they put that crap in everything and it's difficult to avoid it. And the TF movie will be promoting that like everything else.

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 09:36 AM
In the advertising business, its all about the money. Most of them don't give a d*** if it isn't ethically or morally right. It's every man for himself out there in the real world, and i don't think thats a good thing. But what the hell... soon transformers 2 will be out in a cinema near you, and for 3 hours you might just forget how stupid the world is.

Assuming I see it. I didn't see TF1 at the movie theatres because of all the racism, jingoism, product placement, xenophobia, and sexism I heard about it. I finally rented it on DVD some time afterwards and to my horror, but I found it to be worse than I thought.

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 09:38 AM
That's why Mexican Coca-Cola and Dublin Dr. Pepper taste so much better, IMO. Still made with pure cane sugar. :)

But Wreckage countered well with the fact that it has become cheaply convenient for a family to live off of value meals. But then again I feel Ed makes a stronger point with the fact that shopping smart and cooking at home can yield more bang for your buck. You can exercise portion control at that point as well.

Maybe. I have read that for families with limited incomes where mom and dad both have to work 12 hour minimum wage jobs, fast food is the cheapest money-wise and what works time-wise.

Trailbreaker
02-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Well I thought promoting Transformers using gas guzzling muscle cars and trucks was bad. Fast food and candy? Equally bad. Nothing I can do about it though. Bring on Transformers.

Wreckage
02-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Well I thought promoting Transformers using gas guzzling muscle cars and trucks was bad. Fast food and candy? Equally bad. Nothing I can do about it though. Bring on Transformers.

If Transformers is so successful, why does it need all the product placement? There are only two things I can think of that the movie has to advertise. One is the Transformers toyline of course since this movie would not be made if the toys did not exist. Since Bay wanted the military in this film so much, unfortunately, military recruitment has to be advertised as well. And that's really sad. Nothing against those who serve in the military. But they shouldn't be shoving recruitment down the throats of 10-18 year old boys this movie is aimed at. Those kids often have no idea what military service is really all about. However, the military would not cooperate unless this movie became a commercial for them. Which is why there was so much focus in TF1 on the human soldiers over the TFs. Which is why the military was portrayed as so perfect and heroic and why even the Secretary of Defense was portrayed as a hero. It's also why this movie focuses so much on Sam. Sam is the young kid who, like the kids who see this movie, is a potential military recruit who is put often in situations in TF1 where he has to "be a soldier". Yes, all that stuff is deliberate and intentional like it or not.

Unfortunately, they have to make it even worse by advertising junk food, gas guzzling cars, and everything else. When is the TF franchise going to realize that it is no longer in the Bush era of materialism, jingoism, militarism, racism, and sexism? It seems like the TF franchise is stuck in old archaic ways of thinking and doing things.

I wonder if I should even support the Transformers movies and see TF2 because of all the disturbing messages and advertisements it supports. Afterall, I will not buy the toys because Hasbro uses foreign slave labor to make them. It seems like the movies are doing equally disturbing things with their messages and product placements.

Firefrost
02-16-2009, 10:23 AM
This thread has a bunch of reading. I'm hungry, I need a Whopper. :p

Michael Do
02-16-2009, 10:26 AM
super fit models attract audiences.

littleman794
02-16-2009, 11:15 AM
ya, what sucks is my town doesn't have a burger king....boohooo....we did like, 3 years ago....now all we have are those damn m&m's...:(

Ed Fuego
02-16-2009, 12:06 PM
If Transformers is so successful, why does it need all the product placement? There are only two things I can think of that the movie has to advertise. One is the Transformers toyline of course since this movie would not be made if the toys did not exist. Since Bay wanted the military in this film so much, unfortunately, military recruitment has to be advertised as well. And that's really sad. Nothing against those who serve in the military. But they shouldn't be shoving recruitment down the throats of 10-18 year old boys this movie is aimed at. Those kids often have no idea what military service is really all about. However, the military would not cooperate unless this movie became a commercial for them. Which is why there was so much focus in TF1 on the human soldiers over the TFs. Which is why the military was portrayed as so perfect and heroic and why even the Secretary of Defense was portrayed as a hero. It's also why this movie focuses so much on Sam. Sam is the young kid who, like the kids who see this movie, is a potential military recruit who is put often in situations in TF1 where he has to "be a soldier". Yes, all that stuff is deliberate and intentional like it or not.

Unfortunately, they have to make it even worse by advertising junk food, gas guzzling cars, and everything else. When is the TF franchise going to realize that it is no longer in the Bush era of materialism, jingoism, militarism, racism, and sexism? It seems like the TF franchise is stuck in old archaic ways of thinking and doing things.

I wonder if I should even support the Transformers movies and see TF2 because of all the disturbing messages and advertisements it supports. Afterall, I will not buy the toys because Hasbro uses foreign slave labor to make them. It seems like the movies are doing equally disturbing things with their messages and product placements.

This seems like an huge overreaction to me. The military was used because the military is in the story, it's in the script. That's why it was deliberate.

And even if it is a huge advertisement for the military, why is that bad? I understand your point that making the military out to be "all good" might be bad, but your comment would suggest that making the military "good at all" is "bad". There are many people who throughout history have really benefited from being in the military; gettting discipline, a sense of teamwork, a sense of selflessness, to name a few. Having pride in the military and showing them in a good light is not a bad thing; not to mention that in the movie the Decepticons, not the Autobots, were military vehicles, associating them with the antagonist in the film. And that, according the Roberto Orci, was intentional.

And while it might seem we get a fresh start to many after the Bush years, I'm afraid that racism, sexism, and all the other -isms still exist and will continue to exist in some form. And when I think about, at least, I don't see those things when I watch Transformers, I see that when I walk outside.

Here's the thing, stereotyping and discrimination are obviously bad behaviors; no one would argue that. However, these behaviors do not happen out of the blue; they generally have some examples where they are true. Is it true that all white people can't dance? No. Is it true that some white people can't dance? Yes. Is it true that all people at technical support of a company are Indian? No. Is it true that some people at tech support are Indian? Yes. And if the tech support for the company is outsourced TO INDIA, you can bet that a large number of the employees are going to be Indian.

I know this probably sounds kinda rant-ish, but I just get a little concerned when you take these hardline stances because of a movie. If I were to be irritated by everything I heard, saw, read, I would be irritated all the time, and that's just not the way I want to go through life.

And finally, there have been examples of movies (and books, songs, etc.) that have absolutely intentionally tried to discriminate and show on race, culture, etc. as inferior. Obviously most propaganda films are of this nature. But I would suggest if you haven't already seen it, rent the movie Birth of a Nation. It absolutely changed my thinking in that I look at everything I consume (media wise, anyway) with a much more critical eye (much like it seems you do). However, once you've seen Birth of a Nation, everything else you see seems refreshingly naive and tame. It gives context to everything else you see. And Transformers? Not even in the same universe.

Ed Fuego

nelson
02-16-2009, 12:24 PM
If Transformers is so successful, why does it need all the product placement? There are only two things I can think of that the movie has to advertise. One is the Transformers toyline of course since this movie would not be made if the toys did not exist.

I think it's a bit naive not to expect Tf to have cross promotion. If you can cut costs of the movie budget and get merchandisers to pay, it's a win-win. After all, this is show business and not show-show.

Since Bay wanted the military in this film so much, unfortunately, military recruitment has to be advertised as well. And that's really sad. Nothing against those who serve in the military. But they shouldn't be shoving recruitment down the throats of 10-18 year old boys this movie is aimed at. Those kids often have no idea what military service is really all about. However, the military would not cooperate unless this movie became a commercial for them.

You have no proof that the military took such position. All they want is not to look bad, which is something the Bush administration did with ease. I don't think this is a recruitment for the arm forces. It gives more credibility to the movie that you have real members of the arm forces. I like seeing how things really run in the arm forces. BTW, I doubted hardly anyone will be tempted to join up and go to Iraq by watching this movie.

Which is why the military was portrayed as so perfect and heroic and why even the Secretary of Defense was portrayed as a hero. It's also why this movie focuses so much on Sam. Sam is the young kid who, like the kids who see this movie, is a potential military recruit who is put often in situations in TF1 where he has to "be a soldier". Yes, all that stuff is deliberate and intentional like it or not.

And what's wrong with portraying the military as heroes? God knows they need it after what Bush did to them for the past 8 years. You're over reaching a bit.

As much as I hate the previous president, these things did not start with his administration, and these things weren't the message of the first TF movie.

If it bothers you that much, maybe you should either write to the Hasbro or just forget the whole thing altogether.

MegaOctane
02-16-2009, 12:57 PM
If it bothers you that much, maybe you should either write to the Hasbro or just forget the whole thing altogether.

Word...

TF38
02-16-2009, 05:13 PM

Eating fast food has become something more than an issue of personal responsibility in this nation. Many families eat fast food and other junk food because of their limited budgets. Some fast food items have become cheaper to eat three times a day than food from the store. I find this to be a sad circumstance of this society. A circumstance that Hollywood movies are promoting.

Well what do you expect? Some out of shape fat ass about to have a heart attack to advertise for a fast food chain? Oh yeah that will sell your menu really quick. Get real.

I also have to say this. I have eaten at a fast food restuarant nearly 2 times a week for 35 years and I am not fat or lazy etc.. I do however exercise daily and I watch only 2 hours of tv a night (sometimes less). My cholesterol level is also normal. It is NOT the food that is bad for you but the habits people have that are bad for them.

King of Kings
02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
You can't blame advertising for children growing up overweight, it's the parents fault for letting their children over indulge in fatty foods.

Wreckage
02-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I think it's a bit naive not to expect Tf to have cross promotion. If you can cut costs of the movie budget and get merchandisers to pay, it's a win-win. After all, this is show business and not show-show.

You have no proof that the military took such position. All they want is not to look bad, which is something the Bush administration did with ease. I don't think this is a recruitment for the arm forces. It gives more credibility to the movie that you have real members of the arm forces. I like seeing how things really run in the arm forces. BTW, I doubted hardly anyone will be tempted to join up and go to Iraq by watching this movie.

And what's wrong with portraying the military as heroes? God knows they need it after what Bush did to them for the past 8 years. You're over reaching a bit.

As much as I hate the previous president, these things did not start with his administration, and these things weren't the message of the first TF movie.

I'm not saying I don't expect cross promotion. I'm saying TF1 went overboard with it.

I'm not against portraying the military personal as heros. However, this movie did more than that. It basically glamorized the military and treated military service like some fun video game. How many shots of big gun military equipment did this movie need? The movie wasn't just showing off the heroism of the soldiers. I would be happy if it just did that. It had to show glorified pictures of military weapons even when they were not in use fighting Decepticons just to say,"This is an advertisement not just for the soldiers, but for the companies that are apart of the military industrial complex that make the big guns." Then you have the soldiers at the end telling a young boy near recruiting age, Sam, "you're a soldier now". That seems like a deliberate attempt at recruitment propaganda. Then you have the soldiers fighting giant robots with smiles on their faces saying things like "bring it" and "let's kill these things". Let's also not forget that although the U.S. troops may seem heroic to Americans, to Iraqi civilians who lost their loved ones lives in U.S. bombing raids in their cities, they will be looked upon as nothing more than murderous monsters! The soldiers were probabely trying to be careful not to target civilian areas. But bombs are not as accurate as Hollywood portrays them to be. We, in our safe and cozy U.S.A. may look from a distance and criticize the civilians for not abandoning their cities and for supporting Sadam. But that's just very easy for us to do. We've never been invaded and bombed in recent times the way other nations have. If China invaded the U.S. and bombed and killed us to get our resources or because they thought we were a threat, we would view China's soldiers the way many Iraqis have viewed our soldiers.

Also, the military did make this movie with the idea of boosting military recruitment. This has been said and confirmed by one of the movie producers. And it was confirmed again during a recent interview with Bay, Goldner, and others about how this movie had a positive impact on recruitment. Though I'm willing to bet this movie had little to do with the recent boost in recruitment. The bad economy is what is most likely causing the increase more than anything.

I did email Hasbro twice about the slave labor that is used in other countries to make their toys. I even sent them information documenting the abuse of workers. They responded to my other questions about Transformers but never got back to me about these emails.

Wreckage
02-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Well what do you expect? Some out of shape fat ass about to have a heart attack to advertise for a fast food chain? Oh yeah that will sell your menu really quick. Get real.

I also have to say this. I have eaten at a fast food restuarant nearly 2 times a week for 35 years and I am not fat or lazy etc.. I do however exercise daily and I watch only 2 hours of tv a night (sometimes less). My cholesterol level is also normal. It is NOT the food that is bad for you but the habits people have that are bad for them.

Yes. If some super obese person advertised fast food, that would not sell very well. But having some super skinny super model suggest to people that they can eat this stuff and look like them is anything but reality. And the fast food chains aren't advertising to have people come and eat their food every now and then in moderation. That's not what they want. They want people to eat their crap three or more times a day 365 days a year.

Wreckage
02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
You can't blame advertising for children growing up overweight, it's the parents fault for letting their children over indulge in fatty foods.

You're right there. I work at a school and I see it all the time. Irresponsible parents who just don't give a crap about their children in every way possible. The horror stories the teachers tell me one just wouldn't believe but they are true unfortunately.

Wreckage
02-18-2009, 02:46 PM
ya, what sucks is my town doesn't have a burger king....boohooo....we did like, 3 years ago....now all we have are those damn m&m's...:(

Why don't you make your own hamburger. It would most likely be more tasty, better quality, and better for you because it wouldn't have all the crap fast food chains put in their food.

Trailbreaker
02-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Sooooo, are you still seeing the movie, Wreckage? :)

TIMtationX
02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Why don't you make your own hamburger. It would most likely be more tasty, better quality, and better for you because it wouldn't have all the crap fast food chains put in their food.

They may put a lot of crap in thier food...but it doesn't make it any less DELICIOUS.;)

r-type
02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
You know what, since this thread is in the spirit of reading waay too much into things. I think I'm gonna finally launch my campaign against the fact that Bay hates Bostonians and loves Christmas Story.

Because you know what, he kills off Donnelly first. Donnelly was talking about cold beer and hot dogs at Fenway. That leads me to believe that Scorponok represents the ugly side of hate that Yankees have for the Red Sox. So not only does this mean Michael hates Bostonians and the Sox, but he's also a Yankees fan. *shudders* Will lead to increase in Sox vs. Yankee violence

On second thought, maybe Bay feels Scotty Farkas didn't get a proper comeuppance as the bully in Christmas Story. So in fact Bay loves Christmas Story. Will lead to sudden spike in sales of Leg Lamps and Red Ryder BB guns.

He's subversively telling young impressionable minds to hate Boston and love Christmas Story!!

As absurd as what I typed above sounds, is how it feels when I read all of the leaps and stretches you are typing to make your point. None of it makes any attempt to point inward, it keeps pointing the finger at someone else as the ultimate cause.

Down_With_OP
02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I grew up eating fast food every now and then and eating candy every now and then. At 27 I am in great shape. I also didn't sit on my @$$ all day playing video games or sitting on myspace/facebook for 6 hours. I was outside playing or involved in some kind of sport. My parents also weren't afraid to say no. Nowadays parents let their kids do whatever they want and let them run over them.

Ed Fuego
02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
You know what, since this thread is in the spirit of reading waay too much into things. I think I'm gonna finally launch my campaign against the fact that Bay hates Bostonians and loves Christmas Story.

Because you know what, he kills off Donnelly first. Donnelly was talking about cold beer and hot dogs at Fenway. That leads me to believe that Scorponok represents the ugly side of hate that Yankees have for the Red Sox. So not only does this mean Michael hates Bostonians and the Sox, but he's also a Yankees fan. *shudders* Will lead to increase in Sox vs. Yankee violence

On second thought, maybe Bay feels Scotty Farkas didn't get a proper comeuppance as the bully in Christmas Story. So in fact Bay loves Christmas Story. Will lead to sudden spike in sales of Leg Lamps and Red Ryder BB guns.

He's subversively telling young impressionable minds to hate Boston and love Christmas Story!!

As absurd as what I typed above sounds, is how it feels when I read all of the leaps and stretches you are typing to make your point. None of it makes any attempt to point inward, it keeps pointing the finger at someone else as the ultimate cause.

I like this. It made me laugh and it had a good point. Well played.

Ed Fuego