PDA

View Full Version : Just Saw Friday the 13th at Black Curtain Screening NYC (NO SPOILERS)

Eman
02-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Just saw the film at AMC empire's black curtain screening. Had a good time, the Movie I though was pretty good, lots of fun. Waited close to two hours in the cold to see it. The two producers were their, Andrew From and Bradley Fuller, also Derek Mears and Jared Padelecki were there. I sat right behind the reserved seat section and right behind Derek Mears. Possible the only downside to the screening was that Derek Mears AKA Jason, totally booked a** like ten minutes before the movie ended, he like totally left. The audience was cheering and Screaming everytime JASON offed someone in the Film but the man himself, the man behind the mask did not have the courtesy to stick around! Fairly disapointed by this I mean the guy had easily the biggest ovation when he was introduced before the film began.

Overall a very good experience. I RECOMMEND it. See it opening day with plenty of people you will have a blast.

P.S. I WILL NOT POST OR SEND SPOILERS...So dont ask, just see it.

redqueenar
02-08-2009, 12:23 AM
I was considering doing the one in LA. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Just saw the film at AMC empire's black curtain screening. Had a good time, the Movie I though was pretty good, lots of fun. Waited close to two hours in the cold to see it. The two producers were their, Andrew From and Bradley Fuller, also Derek Mears and Jared Padelecki were there. I sat right behind the reserved seat section and right behind Derek Mears. Possible the only downside to the screening was that Derek Mears AKA Jason, totally booked a** like ten minutes before the movie ended, he like totally left. The audience was cheering and Screaming everytime JASON offed someone in the Film but the man himself, the man behind the mask did not have the courtesy to stick around! Fairly disapointed by this I mean the guy had easily the biggest ovation when he was introduced before the film began.

Overall a very good experience. I RECOMMEND it. See it opening day with plenty of people you will have a blast.

P.S. I WILL NOT POST OR SEND SPOILERS...So dont ask, just see it.

Film Freak
02-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Hey guys, Bay fan from Paris here.

Friday the 13th came out yesterday in France so I went and saw it.
In a nutshell, the deaths are cool but everything in between is kinda long.
Overall it was still fun enough.

But the thing that caught my attention was the character of Trent, played by Travis Van Winkle.

Transformers fans will remember the same actor playing a character named Trent in a short scene of Michael Bay's last movie. He was Megan Fox's boyfriend, the jerk rich kid who basically gets dumped at the end of the scene.

Of course, he plays the same archetype in Friday the 13th which got me wondering : is it supposed to be the same character?
Has Michael Bay done the same thing he did with the guy playing the President in both The Rock and Armageddon?
Are Transformers and Friday the 13th set in the same universe?
Since the remake is contemporary and the two characters are so alike, I thought maybe that was a funny way to suggest that this is what happens to that supporting role after Transformers...
I know it's probably just an in-joke but even IMDb lists them as the same character : http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0081822/

Anyway, it got me thinking of a potential Transformers Vs. Jason movie

HarryCanyon
02-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Must be that good, i can't wait to see this tommorow, i love the franchise and this should be nice.

Devastator
02-12-2009, 09:15 AM
I've never seen any of them fully. Plus I'd never pay for to go see a genre I don't really like in the theater, but I am intrigued to find out what the hoopla is all about with these 13th movies. I might just end up seeing it...somehow...