PDA

View Full Version : I just saw

raddimus
01-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I just watched gran torino, and loved it thought it was like an old clint eastwood spaghetti western set in modern times. some of the acting by the supporting actors was a bit cheesy or over the top but over all it was a good movie. I hated the spirit but loved the trailers for wolverine and the watchmen. I cant wait to see these films

redqueenar
01-07-2009, 02:49 AM
I just watched gran torino, and loved it thought it was like an old clint eastwood spaghetti western set in modern times. some of the acting by the supporting actors was a bit cheesy or over the top but over all it was a good movie. I hated the spirit but loved the trailers for wolverine and the watchmen. I cant wait to see these films

Gran Torino is MADE OF WIN. I cried when it was over because they just won't make films like anymore when all the guys like Clint have gone on.

Hardkore
01-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I have never been to the theater for an Eastwood flick but that one I will be going to for sure.

Trailbreaker
01-07-2009, 09:47 AM
This movie looks awesome, looks like classic Clint Eastwood. :D

"Get off my lawn!"

raddimus
01-12-2009, 02:46 AM
I just finnished watching taken,movie was also a bit cheesy but was pretty darn good...I honestly didnt think I would like it but it was pretty good...

Hardkore
01-12-2009, 04:24 AM
I just finnished watching taken,movie was also a bit cheesy but was pretty darn good...I honestly didnt think I would like it but it was pretty good...

Are you referring to the movie with Liam Neeson and done by Luc Besson?
How did you get to see it if it is not released in the USA yet til Jan 30th.Was it a sneak preview? I can't quite see how it would be cheesy but I am looking forward to this one as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0936501/

Release Date: 30 January 2009 (USA)

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/874218/taken/videos/taken_5min_ign_010509.html

uraydo
01-12-2009, 04:33 AM
Gran Torino is MADE OF WIN. I cried when it was over because they just won't make films like anymore when all the guys like Clint have gone on.
will be a sad day indeed.

Jarek Zabczynski
01-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Ok, I saw Gran Torino today. I was really looking forward to it. The trailer was awesome. I really wanted to like it. Unfortunately that was not the case.

In short, this film has a great story with piss poor execution. While Clint Eastwood carries the bulk of the film with his grunts and extreme derogatory comments (the highlight of the film), the rest of the film suffers from possibly the worst acting I've seen on screen in years. The acting was so bad at times that I was squirming in my seat hoping it would stop. On top of that, the film was so predictable you knew exactly what was going to happen at the start of each scene.

So it doesn't seem like I'm merely bashing the crap out of it, the film does have a decent story and a lot of potential. If you can get past the bad acting you'll realize there's a lot of heart in the film, it's just really tough to see it. The film does have some intense and powerful moments, but they are exactly that...moments. The majority of the film is pretty stale and dry. There were also times I found myself laughing when I probably wasn't supposed to, never a good sign.

To nitpick...the "raining scene" is neat cause you can clearly see a clear blue sky in the reflections in the window behind Clint.

I was pretty disappointed, I was really looking forward to this one.

Of the other films I saw recently, Seven Pounds in particular was pretty awesome, go see that instead. Valkyrie and Benjamin Button rocked too.

TIMtationX
01-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Ok, I saw Gran Torino today. I was really looking forward to it. The trailer was awesome. I really wanted to like it. Unfortunately that was not the case.

In short, this film has a great story with piss poor execution. While Clint Eastwood carries the bulk of the film with his grunts and extreme derogatory comments (the highlight of the film), the rest of the film suffers from possibly the worst acting I've seen on screen in years. The acting was so bad at times that I was squirming in my seat hoping it would stop. On top of that, the film was so predictable you knew exactly what was going to happen at the start of each scene.

So it doesn't seem like I'm merely bashing the crap out of it, the film does have a decent story and a lot of potential. If you can get past the bad acting you'll realize there's a lot of heart in the film, it's just really tough to see it. The film does have some intense and powerful moments, but they are exactly that...moments. The majority of the film is pretty stale and dry. There were also times I found myself laughing when I probably wasn't supposed to, never a good sign.

To nitpick...the "raining scene" is neat cause you can clearly see a clear blue sky in the reflections in the window behind Clint.

Of the other films I saw recently, Seven Pounds in particular was pretty awesome, go see that instead. Valkyrie and Benjamin Button rocked too.

Seven Pounds is quite possibly the saddest movie ever made...Should go in the Guiness Book for SADDEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.:(:(:(

The Great
01-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Don't forget "Let the right one In" people are makign a mistake by not seeing this movie

r-type
01-13-2009, 06:12 PM

^ This.

r-type
01-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Don't forget "Let the right one In" people are makign a mistake by not seeing this movie Who said I was gonna make that mistake? ;)

Jarek Zabczynski
01-14-2009, 03:00 AM
I personally can't wait to see Defiance.

uraydo
01-14-2009, 03:05 AM
and I can't wait to see Delgo :p

The Great
01-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Who said I was gonna make that mistake? ;)

it's out right now here so you are already making it!