PDA

View Full Version : Filming in Detroit!!!

Chip
07-18-2008, 11:29 PM
I almost drove my car off the road this evening because I saw a lighting rig similar to those we have seen on the TF2 set and freaked thinking they were shooting in Detroit again.
Turns out that Clint Eastwood is filming his new movie "Gran Torino" in an old scrap yard a few miles from my house. I will admit, it is cool when you see the movie set. It would have been even cooler if it were ROTF.

xana
07-19-2008, 05:12 AM
Clint Eastwood? :wtf Wow...

I thought he was dead.

Chip
07-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Not to down Clint...he is an awesome director/actor...but it was such a tease.
Bay has filmed several movies here in Detroit, he has a thing for some of our vacant/historic buildings. The crew was set-up at an old scrap (car) yard. It would have been the perfect launch for an old transformer or a hideout for a beat-down decepticon.
Instead I got Dirty Harry searching for his prized Gran Torino (the premise of his new movie).

PrimusGod
07-19-2008, 09:39 AM
OMG it's just like the dream I had last night. Where we were going down the hill and we saw a meteor falling from the sky and this sonic boom came out. It turns out that they were filming an E.T. movie. xD

Chip
07-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Too frickin funny. We were driving down a hill when I saw the lighting rigs and the flashing lights of police cars blocking the set. One of the trucks looked exactly like the black truck seen during the cemetery shoots of TF2, the one people originally thought was Nemesis Prime.

PrimusGod
07-19-2008, 10:18 AM
LOL I want to see that. xDDD

Chip
07-19-2008, 10:25 AM
http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2008/06/laurel-hill-cemetery-set-pics.html

The link to the Laurel Hill Cemetery filming. Note the black truck. That's what I saw on the Eastwood set.

PrimusGod
07-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh. You ahould move somewhere near that and get to see yourself in some of the filming. xDDD <3