PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars TV Film Series,

autobot2007
07-13-2008, 09:45 AM
The new Star Wars TV series is going to be filmed in Australia, I want to pursue the possibility of applying to be an actor in it. I will get an agent specifically for this, If anyone can point me into the right direction of people involved in this or if they have already casted, let me know thanks.

Chip
07-13-2008, 10:15 AM
I guess I should crawl out of my cave more often. I had no idea they were making a television series. Does anyone have more info?

elemental fantasy
07-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes, the TV show is live action, takes place in between episode 3 and 4, as well, is not at all about the force or jedi. It's about smugglers and rebels, (THE START OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE) It's set for a 2009 airing. It will be filmed in FOX studios Australia this year and next, as well, over at Leavesden Studio's in England, and here in L.A. / San Fransicso, they will be filming pick up sequences.
The show is supposed to contain Boba Fett, but that's just speculation.

On a personal note, I wouldnt hold my breath on the show having a long run at all. Given Lucas's recent disappointments the past 10+ years.

As well, autobot2007, agency's dont work the way you think, actor's struggle for a long time to get good agents on that level. It's kinda naive to think that cause you want one, you'll just run out and get one. Not without a few years of some hard core steady acting work, as well, are you sag? If not, forget it. One thing you can do is look into there extra casting agency's over there for back round work. That can get you on the lot for alot of episodes. Best of luck.

NOTE: I dont think it's Robin Gurland, but look into the T.V. show's casting director, find out what agency's they cast through for extra's and main roles, then go there. Almost all the extra's will be local, the main character's will be higher up's in the industry for the most part from all over the world.

Trailbreaker
07-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Basically it takes place between Episode's III and IV. So it's about the Galactic Civil War between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire before Luke came to the scene. Is that the info you're looking for, Chip? Or do you need something like this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

EDIT: Opps, had no idea Elemental Fantasy was posting the same time as me.

Chip
07-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys. I agree, this project will be short-lived. Thats fine by me. I really don't like it when they stretch on forever.

Bumblebee1983
07-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks guys. I agree, this project will be short-lived. Thats fine by me. I really don't like it when they stretch on forever.

Lucas doesn't know when to end a good franchise. :deadhorse1:

Just my opinion.

Chip
07-13-2008, 05:49 PM
He is the Brett Favre of movies. You love his work, but it goes on forever.

Bumblebee1983
07-13-2008, 05:50 PM
He is the Brett Favre of movies. You love his work, but it goes on forever.

Great way of putting it!! :lol

TIMtationX
07-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Man, they are really squeezing every last drop out of the Star Wars franchise. I wonder what's next?

Devastator
07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Shit, I'd milk the fuck out of SW if I made it. You're only here once. Its his property he can do whatever he wants.

Trailbreaker
07-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Shit, I'd milk the fuck out of SW if I made it. You're only here once. Its his property he can do whatever he wants.

I'd have to agree with you.

TIMtationX
07-15-2008, 09:47 AM

Didn't say anything was wrong with it, i just find it funny. *waits on Star Wars cereal with Marshmellow Darth Vader helmets*:lol