PDA

View Full Version : Heard in too many movies...

Trailbreaker
06-19-2008, 09:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio

Seriously, :wtf.

LadiesMan217
06-19-2008, 09:56 PM
That's awesome :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

... for a full list of which movies to feature this scream ;)

Trailbreaker
06-19-2008, 10:30 PM
That's awesome :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

... for a full list of which movies to feature this scream ;)

Wow....just wow. I think it's become a tradition or something.

Starscreamisthebest
06-20-2008, 05:15 AM
My sister and i found out about this scream, and now every time we watch a movie, we crack up when we hear it.

Trailbreaker
06-20-2008, 04:23 PM
My sister and i found out about this scream, and now every time we watch a movie, we crack up when we hear it.

Whenever my brother and I watch an action packed movie we have never seen before, we try to listen for it. :D

okay, prepare to laugh your buttocks off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXRyTwsTQc :lol

darthrage
06-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Hahahaa!

elemental fantasy
06-21-2008, 01:25 PM
AHHH The Welhelm Scream! They used it in the original star wars, actually, it's in ALL the star wars, but I think it came out in the early 50's, I remember learning that in film school. I think there is some speculation that nobody knows exactly where, or who it came from, it just appeared in a film in the 50's, and alot of films ever since. Every time I hear that in a movie I yell out, WELHELM!!!

The scream, it's a tradition sometimes filmmakers put in there movies, I believe as a sign of luck, look what it did for star wars.lol

Starscreamisthebest
06-21-2008, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PxALy22utc

Trailbreaker
06-21-2008, 07:28 PM
The first movie it was in was "Distant Drums". The name of it was coined by Ben Burtt after a man named Wilhelm in the movie "The Charge at Feather River" was shot in the leg by an arrow.

In Transformers, Frenzy emits a digitized version of the scream after Sam kicks his head.

Chemical Superfreak
06-21-2008, 08:00 PM
They used it in the original star wars, actually, it's in ALL the star wars,

is this the scream Lucas inserted in the 97 special edition of Empire when Luke falls after his hand gets cut off?

Trailbreaker
06-21-2008, 09:40 PM
is this the scream Lucas inserted in the 97 special edition of Empire when Luke falls after his hand gets cut off?

I don't think so, but there is no scream in the DVD version.

Devastator
06-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't think so, but there is no scream in the DVD version.It's not. I only have that version. I think he's thinking of the same scream Emperor screams when he dies in Jedi. Its on youtube but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Chemical Superfreak
06-22-2008, 12:54 AM
the dvd version is the 05 Special Editions, featuring even MOREEEEEEE of Lucas's "artistic liberties" such as removing David Prowse and replacing him with Hayden Christensen.

Firefrost
06-23-2008, 02:07 PM
the dvd version is the 05 Special Editions, featuring even MOREEEEEEE of Lucas's "artistic liberties" such as removing David Prowse and replacing him with Hayden Christensen.
Yeah, I had a problem with that, I think the actor was Sebastian Shaw that was replaced. I would have been pissed

Bumblebee1983
06-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I had a problem with that, I think the actor was Sebastian Shaw that was replaced. I would have been pissed

You seriously should have seen my reaction when I saw that part.

I paused it, looked at the TV, looked at the case...looked at the TV, mutter "bwhut?", think a minute, then say "Wait one minute! That's not who was in the original!"

:wtf

Meh, whatever. It's Lucas' creation....:deadhorse1:

Firefrost
06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
You seriously should have seen my reaction when I saw that part.

I paused it, looked at the TV, looked at the case...looked at the TV, mutter "bwhut?", think a minute, then say "Wait one minute! That's not who was in the original!"

:wtf

Meh, whatever. It's Lucas' creation....:deadhorse1:
Yeah, we could sue him, but I think just saying that in a message board could raise a red flag. For all I know his people could be coming to g.....

Bumblebee1983
06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, we could sue him, but I think just saying that in a message board could raise a red flag. For all I know his people could be coming to g.....

Yo, Frost, you okay? :wtf

:lol

Chemical Superfreak
06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Yo, Frost, you okay? Frost is gone Bee, Lucas replaced him with Jar-Jar, we just need to remember the good times we had with him.....

Bumblebee1983
06-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Frost is gone Bee, Lucas replaced him with Jar-Jar, we just need to remember the good times we had with him.....

Oh...God...what did I do?

:eek:

Trailbreaker
06-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Frost is gone Bee, Lucas replaced him with Jar-Jar, we just need to remember the good times we had with him.....

*Luca's cronies snatch him from his desk chair, Wilhelm scream is heard.*:lol

Bumblebee1983
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
*Luca's cronies snatch him from his desk chair, Wilhelm scream is heard.*:lol

*scream echoes in head*

What'd I do?!? :eek: