View Full Version : punisher war zone

The Great
06-14-2008, 07:23 AM
how fucking hard is it to get the punisher right? another fail

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/382/382367/vids_1.html

Z28 Autobot
06-14-2008, 08:13 AM
how do you know its going to fail?
The problem with the punisher is this hes not a superhero..and very spotty at best in good stories. He is a B list comic book hero thats somehow become an A list with the writers that have done a good job of telling a complete story to flesh him out. And putting top artist on the book.
But if they have done what they are doing nowand just pulled one of his best stroy archs fro ma book and translated it to the screen it should be good..
The last Punisher(2) was a good story just bad placement in Fla.

r-type
06-14-2008, 10:55 AM
LMAO @ Slo-Mo Chandelier shot.

You said it yourself. He's a B-list character. Like Ghost Rider. It's as almost as if they try to mainstream something that isn't really meant for it. Which to me, it comes off as more comical when he's wearing the Skull insignia in a film vs. in print.

Oh and great:

I must break you.
http://www.cjshoppingmall.com/images/dvdpunisher1.jpg

Devastator
06-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Never liked the Punisher comics. I thought they were stale. When he was cameoed he was used at his best like a mercenary. The only reason he got popular enough is because the cameos. What they need for him is a good crime noir bloody vengeful script.

Beej
06-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Now see I did like the one with Thomas Jane in it... but this one, perhaps on a cold winter's night when I'm bored and nothing else is going on... Maybe.

King of Kings
06-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I liked the one with Thomas Jane in it, as for this one I'm still not sure yet.

Michael Do
06-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah, i like the first one. If this is the sequel, then Im not use to it cause they changed the main actor.

The Great
06-14-2008, 04:58 PM
LMAO @ Slo-Mo Chandelier shot.

You said it yourself. He's a B-list character. Like Ghost Rider. It's as almost as if they try to mainstream something that isn't really meant for it. Which to me, it comes off as more comical when he's wearing the Skull insignia in a film vs. in print.

Oh and great:

I must break you.
http://www.cjshoppingmall.com/images/dvdpunisher1.jpgnest one ever!!

The Great
06-14-2008, 05:17 PM
how do you know its going to fail?
The problem with the punisher is this hes not a superhero..and very spotty at best in good stories. He is a B list comic book hero thats somehow become an A list with the writers that have done a good job of telling a complete story to flesh him out. And putting top artist on the book.
But if they have done what they are doing nowand just pulled one of his best stroy archs fro ma book and translated it to the screen it should be good..
The last Punisher(2) was a good story just bad placement in Fla.
that movie was horrible i am sorry i enjoyed dolph version better. this one is dumb as hell already i mean seriously shooting from a fing chandelier? they didn't need to make this action over the top it should be a straight forward revenge flick. Stop trying to make the body count sky high and just have him doing crap ala boondock saints. have him blow up mob diners. I don't wanna fucking see the guy bust in some huge ass mansion killing people while upside down. Show people come in kill his wife and son with just a bullet to the head or have her raped and killed just don't make it a huge production.

hollowed
06-16-2008, 10:14 AM
as far as comic books goes The Punisher was my favorite growing up. I got the majority of them still to this day. I've got the original appearance of the punisher that was handed down to me. His character was just that a vengeful person. I've got both the Dolph Lundgren version and the version with Thomas Jane. There are things in both that I liked. However when I first seen the trailer for this new punisher my first thought was "he's just going down hill" there really wasn't anything in the trailer that made me want to go see it. So far I'm really disappointed with it. They showed a lot of action but Ray Stevenson to me just doesn't fit the part. I didn't think they would but was hoping for a sequel still starring Thomas Jane. Not keep rehashing the same story.

CJP
06-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I watched the trailer, and it looks really really bad. I never read the comics, but I know what I see as a movie goer, and it looks like crap. The last one with Thomas Jane I thought was great. It was like an old western. It was going old school, and it worked. I don't care if it's Fl. or NY. It was really well put together. I found myself laughing at this new trailer.

uraydo
06-16-2008, 03:54 PM
I liked the last punisher. this one looks like crap on a cracker.

devonnewberry
06-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Trailer looks terrible and Ray Stevenson looks awful. Pass