PDA

View Full Version : If you've ever wanted to become an actor/actress, why?

JohnnyBibs
06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
I have this thought cross my mind a few times, my reasonings are ---

- It's easy.
- You have fun doing it
- You get paid for it
....and my most important reason is...
- In some rolls, you get to make out with gorgeous chicks!..
just look at Shia Labeouf. He made out with Megan Fox. Jeez, I've made out with a quite a few people in my day, but never an actress. I wonder what it was like. :p;):D

Anyways, if you've ever wanted to become an actor/actress, what were/are your reasons?

Devastator
06-12-2008, 04:18 PM
I always wanted to be an action star. They have the most fun. Shoot guns, drive fast cars, do kung fu...

Bumblebee1983
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I always wanted to be an action star. They have the most fun. Shoot guns, drive fast cars, do kung fu...

get hurt, then have more fame...(j/k) but it is true of most action stars (look at Daniel Craig, recovering from a sliced finger).

DecepticonsRule
06-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I would rather be a voice actor personally... I very much enjoy doing voices. Also, you get more privacy than typical movie stars.

r-type
06-12-2008, 04:41 PM
i have zero desire to be in front of the camera. hypothetically, if I were to choose a profession in the industry, it would behind the camera, be it as a cinematographer, director, set designer, etc.

not that i dont have movie star good looks or anything like that... :p

redqueenar
06-12-2008, 05:26 PM
If I could meet one that wasn't neurotic, vapid or SO obsessed with restricting their food habits I'd be more inclined toward their profession.

Mmmm... cheeseburger. :D

- It's easy.
- You have fun doing it
- You get paid for it
just look at Shia Labeouf. He made out with Megan Fox. Jeez, I've made out with a quite a few people in my day, but never an actress. I wonder what it was like. :p;):D

Anyways, if you've ever wanted to become an actor/actress, what were/are your reasons?

Devastator
06-12-2008, 06:10 PM
get hurt, then have more fame...(j/k) but it is true of most action stars (look at Daniel Craig, recovering from a sliced finger).
I can take the hurt as long as its fun, and the money helps:D

Bumblebee1983
06-12-2008, 09:41 PM
I can take the hurt as long as its fun, and the money helps:D

This is true.

Now my answer.

I'd love to act. It's fun, you can play any character that suits you (or not, look at Heath Ledger. :()

Actually, JohnnyBibbs, I like your ideas, but instead of girls, I would say guys. ;)

Starscreamisthebest
06-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I used to want to be a child actor, or a voice actor on a show, cuz i really thought i had talent. But then this girl in my grade that i didn't like (i think it was 2nd) wanted to do that too, so i said screw it.

I know. really lame little kid behavior.

After that, i stuck with leads in school plays.

Beej
06-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Fricking boring -- stand/sit around and wait, read your lines, emote and wait some more. See that spot over there, talk to that. No thanks. Takes a certain breed to do it, and it's not me. Doing nothing would drive me batty. Actors are also more insecure than writers, which says a great deal since writers are an extremely insecure lot.

Simon
06-13-2008, 06:42 AM
I would never want to be an actor, even if I had the looks ;).
Is there a more boring job out there? Cleaning closets is probably more exciting.
90% (or more) of the day an actor is just sitting around and waiting for the crew to be finished with the set-up for the next scene.

xXRavenXx
06-18-2008, 12:32 AM

- It's easy.
- You have fun doing it
- You get paid for it

LOL, two very common misconceptions. Average stage or film actor makes about 20k a year. Equity stage makes more, but on general you get about 10k tops for stage, and maybe not even that if you do film. Because most people who pull 10k on film join SAG which is dumb b/c you can disqualify yourself from some good roles.

As for the easy part, yea it can be if you play generic roles, but if you can't take a 1 line role and steal the show with one line then BLAM, and if you have never heard of scantion then that is another thing you'll miscalculate. An actor doesn't worry about getting hired it's getting hired AFTER the job you are currently on.

I cannot tell you the times I have gone 6 months w/o a role... it bites.

Feel free to sk me anything, I don't wanna step outta turn, but I think I am the only striving/thriving "working" actor on the board. If I am wrong sorry, but trust me it can have it's highs and lows...

As for the chick thing... you have NO IDEA... every job you get put up, and generally it's not the actress you hok up with it's someone else...

HAPPY HUNTING... :lol

redqueenar
06-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Feel free to sk me anything, I don't wanna step outta turn, but I think I am the only striving/thriving "working" actor on the board. If I am wrong sorry, but trust me it can have it's highs and lows...

Why aren't you crazy, anyway? All the other actors I know are daffy as hell! :D

xXRavenXx
06-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Why aren't you crazy, anyway? All the other actors I know are daffy as hell! :D

Two things: I am crazy in a good way like I am very energetic, but I take the same energy and can turn it 180 into another emotion, and the most important thing is that 99.9% of actors have egos the size of manhattan. They are the kind of people who are fake, egocentric, always right, and have low self esteem at the same time. That makes for a very unbalanced person. Me, I am always in a good mood! :lol

Just ask Bee.. I am crazy, but it's all good!

Firefrost
06-18-2008, 10:32 AM
I can act like an idiot, does that count? Wait, that's not really acting, doh!

JohnnyBibs
06-26-2008, 02:20 PM
LOL, two very common misconceptions. Average stage or film actor makes about 20k a year. Equity stage makes more, but on general you get about 10k tops for stage, and maybe not even that if you do film. Because most people who pull 10k on film join SAG which is dumb b/c you can disqualify yourself from some good roles.

As for the easy part, yea it can be if you play generic roles, but if you can't take a 1 line role and steal the show with one line then BLAM, and if you have never heard of scantion then that is another thing you'll miscalculate. An actor doesn't worry about getting hired it's getting hired AFTER the job you are currently on.

I cannot tell you the times I have gone 6 months w/o a role... it bites.

As for the chick thing... you have NO IDEA... every job you get put up, and generally it's not the actress you hok up with it's someone else...

HAPPY HUNTING... :lol

Don't actors also get paid around 4% of the first million DVDs sold?I'm no math genius, but that's like 1 billion dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Or something like that. Haha. I think the main reason I've always wanted to become an actor is because of the fun. Hell, even background extras get paid 100 bucks, get fed, and have fun just for doing nothing. :rolleyes: Anyways, thanks for the info, but I'm sure it's still more exciting than working the night shift at a Wal-Mart, and you get paid just as much :p