PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Hills Cop 4?!!

r-type
05-29-2008, 01:57 AM
Look man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!! I also ain't fallin for no fourth BHC movie.

Ratner to direct.....? :rolleyes: Eddie, Eddie, Eddie....tsk, tsk, tsk.

Link (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117986558.html?categoryid=13&cs=1)

Eddie Murphy back in 'Beverly Hills'
Brett Ratner negotiating to direct 4th 'Cop' film
By MICHAEL FLEMING

On the heels of the successful revival of the "Indiana Jones" franchise, Paramount has set in motion a fourth installment of "Beverly Hills Cop."
Eddie Murphy is attached to reprise his role as Detroit detective Axel Foley, and Brett Ratner is negotiating to direct.

Studio is aiming for a 2009 production start and a summer 2010 release.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura will produce. Jerry Bruckheimer, who produced the original "Beverly Hills Cop" trilogy with late partner Don Simpson, won't be actively involved in the new film.

Murphy approached the studio about reviving the franchise that cemented his status as a B.O. mega-star. Par brass were eager to land another picture with Murphy after he finished the Karey Kirkpatrick-directed "NowhereLand," which Paramount releases in June 2009.

That film was also produced by Di Bonaventura, who is working on the summer 2009 releases "G.I. Joe" and "Transformers 2."

The studio canvassed a number of directors before choosing Ratner. A writer will be hired shortly.

Released in 1984, the original "Beverly Hills Cop" grossed $316 million worldwide and spawned two sequels. All told, the three pics grossed $712.9 million worldwide. The last was released in 1994.

Murphy is currently toplining the Brian Robbins-directed "A Thousand Words" for DreamWorks.

Ratner has been developing the Hugh Hefner biopic "Playboy" for Universal and Imagine.

hautbasclair
05-29-2008, 02:45 AM
Not sure I am looking foward for this one.

On the other hand, Ratner seems to be the right guy for the job.

Chemical Superfreak
05-29-2008, 07:38 AM
The Rat is a hack, he loves to take over franchises and run them into the ground. But since the first BHC was the ONLY one worth watching, bring it on, i won't see it anyways.

CJP
05-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Brett Ratner is not that bad. Red Dragon was pretty good. I'd even have to say better than Michael Mann's take on it. That's saying a lot since I am a huge fan of MM work. The first Rush Hour, liked it, it was fun. The two sequels, not so much. After The Sunset wasn't that good. Short on story, but the coolness of the 1969 Camaro, Selma Hayek running around half naked the whole time, and Pierce Brosnan, made it watchable. Family Man was good too. Also, Ratner has a good sense of film-music. Hiring Lalo Schrifrin for the Rush Hour films was an old-school choice, and it worked. I think he will step in and do fine so long as the script is good.

hautbasclair
05-29-2008, 09:49 AM
The Rat is a hack, he loves to take over franchises and run them into the ground.

So true, but he can't run it deeper into the ground after you've watched BHC3

But since the first BHC was the ONLY one worth watching, bring it on, i won't see it anyways.

Here, I don't agree. The second one a good sequel (not that common at that time). Bruckheimer was still on board and they brought Tony Scott. The story was more than decent (again, not that common for a sequel at that time).

I watched BHC1 again a month ago: It got old... still good though, but outdated.

Bumblebee1983
05-29-2008, 10:42 AM
UUGGHH.

I don't get it.

*shakes head and walks away*

devonnewberry
05-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Ratner is a shitty director for the most part, but I genuinely loved After the Sunset.

Smokescreen_5
05-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm still waiting for Lethal Weapon 6 to come out.. or was it 5.. I don't remember.. whichever it was that was on the poster in the movie with Wesley Snipes and Sylvester Stallone, "Demolition Man" :D

Chemical Superfreak
05-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Here, I don't agree. The second one a good sequel (not that common at that time). Bruckheimer was still on board and they brought Tony Scott. The story was more than decent (again, not that common for a sequel at that time).

I've been interested in seeing it again, but only because Scott directed it, and i wasn't "into" <meaning i like about 70% of what he does> Scott's style at the time. I always thought he directed part 1 till a friend told me otherwise. Good sequels aren't really COMMON, but i see your point. I honestly don't remember what the plot even was. Drug dealers? probably......

LadiesMan217
05-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Meeeeeeeh. At least if Jerry was producing it I might have given it a shot. No way he would have hired a director like Brett Ratner. The only good one as far as I'm concerned is the first one; it was a great mix between comedy and action. Part 2 is too much on an action film heavy on style but didn't have the charm nor the humor of the first one. The third one (which Jerry didn't produce) was like they thought the target audience was 10-year olds and did the movie after that.

Besides, BHC is so 80's. You can't match the same style or charm nowadays. You can't make movies like Top Gun 2, Ferris Bueller's Day Off 2 and Midnight Run 2 in 2008 without failing. So give it up...

threepm
05-29-2008, 06:58 PM
I think Michael Bay should swoop into the paramount office and demand to be the director so that we can have a kick a$$ version of Beverly Hills Cop that we need / deserve vs. a watered down pg-13 version we will probably get with Brett Ratner on board.

Would love to see a Bad Boys(2) esque feel on this film as that is still one of my favorite cop movie(s).

Cheers!

p.s. I heart Michael Bay :)

darthrage
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
but only if Jerry Bruckheimer is producing

nelson
05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I think Michael Bay should swoop into the paramount office and demand to be the director so that we can have a kick a$$ version of Beverly Hills Cop that we need / deserve vs. a watered down pg-13 version we will probably get with Brett Ratner on board.

Would love to see a Bad Boys(2) esque feel on this film as that is still one of my favorite cop movie(s).

Cheers!

p.s. I heart Michael Bay :)

Bay shouldn't take sloppy seconds. Or fourths.

r-type
05-29-2008, 07:11 PM
no, i don't think Bay shouldn't demand to direct BHC 4.

Ladiesman sums it up in his post for me.

Bumblebee1983
05-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Bay shouldn't take sloppy seconds. Or fourths.

I agree.

I liked the first one...but the sequels aren't all that great in my opinion.

But with Ratner at the helm...just...no....no....noooooooooooooo

Chemical Superfreak
05-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Ratner is like 1 step above Uwe Boll, PT<Soldier, ResEvil trilogy> Anderson, or the reprehensible Renny Harlin in my book. Only because of Rush Hour 1,2, After The Sunset. I will never forgive him for breaking my heart with X3, a film i was anticipating far more than any lousy Matrix sequel or Star Wars prequel. Red Dragon? Skip it, the only Hannibal movie i'll ever re-watch is Silence of the Lambs, maybe Manhunter, but that's the 1 Mann film i was never nuts over, as Mann is easily my fav. director working today.

Bumblebee1983
05-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Ratner is like 1 step above Uwe Boll, PT<Soldier, ResEvil trilogy> Anderson, or the reprehensible Renny Harlin in my book. Only because of Rush Hour 1,2, After The Sunset. I will never forgive him for breaking my heart with X3, a film i was anticipating far more than any lousy Matrix sequel or Star Wars prequel. Red Dragon? Skip it, the only Hannibal movie i'll ever re-watch is Silence of the Lambs, maybe Manhunter, but that's the 1 Mann film i was never nuts over, as Mann is easily my fav. director working today.

Oh my God, I feel the EXACT SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

X3 absolutely PISSED ME OFF. I walked out of the theater. It. was. bad.

LadiesMan217
05-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Another thing, after that Crazy Frog ringtone shit a couple of years back EVERYBODY hates the main Alex F theme! :D

r-type
05-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Another thing, after that Crazy Frog ringtone shit a couple of years back EVERYBODY hates the main Alex F theme! :DYou leave Harold Faltermeyer out of this!!!!!!!!!! :D

Rorschach
05-29-2008, 08:00 PM
In all honsety, I'd have to say my favorite director is Chris Nolan

Bumblebee1983
05-29-2008, 08:05 PM

YES!

Seconded.

Of course next to Michael Bay.

Chemical Superfreak
05-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh my God, I feel the EXACT SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

X3 absolutely PISSED ME OFF. I walked out of the theater. It. was. bad.

Wait, so you never saw the end? I mean i was absolutley DYING to see it, until the gave Singer the finger and handed the film over to whoever was outside the studios that day begging for scraps.

Nolan? Nolan is really good, Memento being his best. Insomnia was good, but not great. BatBegins was very good, but not great, the 3rd act was a lil flawed, but it's easily my fav Bat film. Hopefully Dark Knight will be better, but damn, i ain't gettin my hopes up. Not anymore.

See, Batman '89 was my fav Batman movie, but Begins actually had a story, yknow, one with a character arc, a very belivable one at that. I'd say it's a close 2nd, i just LOVE the style of the film, i can't tell you how many times i've watched Batman 89 since it's release, but alas, never saw it in theatres.

devonnewberry
05-29-2008, 09:39 PM

He's up there in my top 3.

I don't have a specific order yet beyond number 1 haha. Michael Bay obviously being number 1, but I'm a HUGE fan of Chris Nolan and Bryan Singer

Chemical Superfreak
05-29-2008, 09:42 PM
1. Kubrick
2. Mann
3. Paul <Magnolia> T. Anderson
4. Spike Jonze
5. David Fincher
6. Bay? maybe

wait, it's Paul WS Anderson that did Res. Evil and Soldier right? I HATE that the 2 have such close names but WS couldn't dream of being in a league with PT.

I used to love Singer, until Superman Returns.......ugh.........

devonnewberry
05-29-2008, 09:49 PM
1. Kubrick
2. Mann
3. Paul <Magnolia> T. Anderson
4. Spike Jonze
5. David Fincher
6. Bay? maybe

wait, it's Paul WS Anderson that did Res. Evil and Soldier right? I HATE that the 2 have such close names but WS couldn't dream of being in a league with PT.

I used to love Singer, until Superman Returns.......ugh.........

I loved Superman Returns for what it was. He didn't go out to make an action-driven type of Superman film, but a character-driven type (IE X2: X-Men United).

Valkyrie looks awesome.

Devastator
05-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I've hated Brett Ratner since his appearance on Entourage. I don't care if he was acting either. As for him doing BHC4, its right up his alley, just call it Rush Hour 4 or Money Talks 2.

Chemical Superfreak
05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
I loved Superman Returns for what it was. He didn't go out to make an action-driven type of Superman film, but a character-driven type (IE X2: X-Men United). I understand this, but i feel he left out the action as a whole. The one scene that delivered the goods was the airplane sequence at the beginning of the film. The finale was very anti-climatic

darthrage
05-30-2008, 02:22 AM
They should not revive franchises from the 80s. Leave them a trilogy.

People will never be pleased. Indiana Jones made lots of money but the expectations were too high.

If Michael Bay made a BHC 4 film, it would be like this:

- will look like Bad Boys 3
- be just another fast-paced Michael Bay movie with a big car chase and some mass destruction
- it won't feel like a Beverly Hills Cop movie just like how Beverly Hills Cop didn't feel like it. It was too updated because BHC 1 and 2 had the 80s feel
- it won't be anything special because we've seen the buddy cop genre in movies like Bad Boys and Rush Hour

The only way it would work is if they kept it 80s style, because BHC3 didn't feel like a BHC movie at all. The story should've been kept in the streets and in the luxurious places of Beverly Hills and not in a damn amusement park.

Winkeladvokat
05-30-2008, 06:49 AM
A fourth "Beverly Hills Cop"? And Brett Ratner, of all people? Dear God, no.....

Bumblebee1983
05-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Wait, so you never saw the end? I mean i was absolutley DYING to see it, until the gave Singer the finger and handed the film over to whoever was outside the studios that day begging for scraps.

Nolan? Nolan is really good, Memento being his best. Insomnia was good, but not great. BatBegins was very good, but not great, the 3rd act was a lil flawed, but it's easily my fav Bat film. Hopefully Dark Knight will be better, but damn, i ain't gettin my hopes up. Not anymore.

See, Batman '89 was my fav Batman movie, but Begins actually had a story, yknow, one with a character arc, a very belivable one at that. I'd say it's a close 2nd, i just LOVE the style of the film, i can't tell you how many times i've watched Batman 89 since it's release, but alas, never saw it in theatres.

I've seen the end of X3 on TV....still wasn't pleased.

Yet, I still can't help but watch it whenever it comes on.

Chemical Superfreak
05-30-2008, 09:25 AM
I've seen the end of X3 on TV....still wasn't pleased. Yet, I still can't help but watch it whenever it comes on. yea, i own it, just as i own the Prequels and Stalkerman Returns. I will not, however, ever own the Matrix sequels, and the Prequels and Stalkerman will be sold first whenever i do a dvd clean-up.

Bumblebee1983
05-30-2008, 09:27 AM
yea, i own it, just as i own the Prequels and Stalkerman Returns. I will not, however, ever own the Matrix sequels, and the Prequels and Stalkerman will be sold first whenever i do a dvd clean-up.

I just have the first x-men on DVD. I loved that one.

Chemical Superfreak
05-30-2008, 10:57 AM
WOAH WOAH NOW, BEE!! You don't own friggin' X2?!? O.M.G. You haveeeeeeeeeee to buy it, it's the best comic book movie EVER MADE! I LOVE IT! I LOVEEEEEEEE IT!!!!! *frantically puts X2 dvd in*

Bumblebee1983
05-30-2008, 11:02 AM
WOAH WOAH NOW, BEE!! You don't own friggin' X2?!? O.M.G. You haveeeeeeeeeee to buy it, it's the best comic book movie EVER MADE! I LOVE IT! I LOVEEEEEEEE IT!!!!! *frantically puts X2 dvd in*

Well, I've just never had the chance to buy it.

But I do have a birthday coming up...*whistles*

But 3...noooo way am I spending my hard earned money buying that piece of crapola.

devonnewberry
05-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I understand this, but i feel he left out the action as a whole. The one scene that delivered the goods was the airplane sequence at the beginning of the film. The finale was very anti-climatic

Yeah, the ending was a bit unsatisfying I'll give you that. I liked Brandon Routh as Clark Kent/Superman though, I thought he was terrific.

Bumblebee1983
05-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah, the ending was a bit unsatisfying I'll give you that. I liked Brandon Routh as Clark Kent/Superman though, I thought he was terrific.

Yes, very Chris Reeve like. I thought he did pretty well.

Smokescreen_5
05-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Yes, very Chris Reeve like. I thought he did pretty well.

Brandon didn't talk as much.. I was a little disappointed. It was nice that the premiere was here in Iowa even though he came from around here.. too bad I didn't know him, cuz then it'd be another one to chalk up on the scoreboard... so to speak..

Chemical Superfreak
05-30-2008, 09:19 PM
see, Singer seemed so hung up on making a "Richard Donner" version of the film, that he didn't succeeded in bringing his own vision to the screen, he was to hellbent on making what he wished Donner would of made, had he made a third Superman film. Maybe i'm off, but that's just how i felt it came off. I know it's difficult to get the studio to agree to it, but i wish it hadn't been a Lex Luthor villian film. I wish he'd of just used some other villian, i'm pretty sure there's been more than 1 Superman villian, even though Hollywood won't let us see a Superman product, be it movies or tv, without him as the villian, well, okay Supes 3,4 <i won't view them, but i heard Lex isn't the villian> had a new villian, but c'mon people, just make a Supermans Dead movie with Doomsday, since Singer has pretty much all but killed the franchise, Hollywood still hasn't decided if they'll ever make "Superman - Man of Steel" as pt 2 yet.

devonnewberry
05-30-2008, 11:01 PM
see, Singer seemed so hung up on making a "Richard Donner" version of the film, that he didn't succeeded in bringing his own vision to the screen, he was to hellbent on making what he wished Donner would of made, had he made a third Superman film. Maybe i'm off, but that's just how i felt it came off. I know it's difficult to get the studio to agree to it, but i wish it hadn't been a Lex Luthor villian film. I wish he'd of just used some other villian, i'm pretty sure there's been more than 1 Superman villian, even though Hollywood won't let us see a Superman product, be it movies or tv, without him as the villian, well, okay Supes 3,4 <i won't view them, but i heard Lex isn't the villian> had a new villian, but c'mon people, just make a Supermans Dead movie with Doomsday, since Singer has pretty much all but killed the franchise, Hollywood still hasn't decided if they'll ever make "Superman - Man of Steel" as pt 2 yet.

The Man of Steel will happen. Smaller budget (like $160 million lol) and suppose to include Lex AND another villain, as well as being much more action packed.

Chemical Superfreak
05-30-2008, 11:39 PM
yea, i'm sure you're right. With the international grosses of Stalkerman they made back more than they're fair share of the money. Didn't hear that it was Lex + Another Supes Villian, Brainiac? Doomsday? Mr. MXYSTPKLOSXT? who else is there??

Devastator
05-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Brandon didn't talk as much.. I was a little disappointed. It was nice that the premiere was here in Iowa even though he came from around here.. too bad I didn't know him, cuz then it'd be another one to chalk up on the scoreboard... so to speak..

name dropper:p:)

Devastator
05-31-2008, 07:56 AM
yea, i'm sure you're right. With the international grosses of Stalkerman they made back more than they're fair share of the money. Didn't hear that it was Lex + Another Supes Villian, Brainiac? Doomsday? Mr. MXYSTPKLOSXT? who else is there??

Yea man, last I heard every villain was in it. LOL I did hear the The Man of Steel is the title for sure. The rumor which people really believe is that Bizzaro created by Brainiac is the main villain. Superherohype.com has some stuff in the forums about rumors and such if you want to check it out further. Its interesting none the less.

thread officially derailed

Chemical Superfreak
05-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Wow i haven't been to Superherohype in a long long time, and the boards never interested me. Yea, the only hope is to ignore they made the new one and give us a NON-Lex villian. Don't be afraid to breath new life into dormant Supes villians, people, c'mon now.

Rorschach
05-31-2008, 06:23 PM
I read the news on Superhero Hype, but the forums I avoid....they're too neurotic about things, slightest disagreement between a poster and the admins, banned for two months...just weird

Chemical Superfreak
05-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Man, i hate forums like that. I got banned from a Weezer forum for making a very obvious sarcastic joke about a song, the Admin took it personally, called me a dick and banned me, not a 2 month ban, a lifetime kind of ban.

Plus i'm not THAT into the comic book movies, i mean i LOVE comics, i read like a dozen titles a month, but i'm not all like "OMG THE XMEN AREN'T IN YELLOW SPANDEX F#$% THIS MOVIE!!!!!!" I hate fanboys like that, the ones that attempted to picket outside Bay's office kind of fanboys.

Smokescreen_5
05-31-2008, 07:06 PM
name dropper:p:)

Yeah.. basically.. then again.. I didn't know him like Chris Kutcher (Ashton) or Riley Smith. slipknot, 311.... ahem.. yeah.. anyways.. lol..

r-type
06-04-2008, 03:38 PM
L- to the O- to the L!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/03/beverly-hills-cop-4-may-be-geared-towards-kids-says-brett-ratner/

Honestly, I think the title of the article is twisting his words a bit, but that doesn't make what is going on any better.

Oh and Ladiesman....

Harold Faltermeyer FTW! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOVrkjM6Cc)

devonnewberry
06-04-2008, 05:14 PM
L- to the O- to the L!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/03/beverly-hills-cop-4-may-be-geared-towards-kids-says-brett-ratner/

Honestly, I think the title of the article is twisting his words a bit, but that doesn't make what is going on any better.

Oh and Ladiesman....

Harold Faltermeyer FTW! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOVrkjM6Cc)

I read that. Made the news even worse...

Chemical Superfreak
06-04-2008, 09:58 PM
seriously thou, why is Ratner the king of ruining franchises? Let's do the list...

X3, Red Dragon <okay i by no means hated this film, but it was unnecessary>, Rush Hour <sure he started it, but he wasn't courteous enough to end it>,and now Beverly Hills Cop 4? He killed me with X3 as i've stated, and i could care less about the others, but wow....

OH YEA i forgot, Mark <One Hour Photo> Romanek was fired from his remake of The Wolf starring Benicio Del Toro, and replaced.....with .....The Rat. I hope they haven't burned all of Romanek's work, he was easily one of my fav up-and-coming directors......

LadiesMan217
06-05-2008, 08:20 AM
You can argue that the BHC-franchise was ruined with Part 3 in 1994 :p

Devastator
06-05-2008, 09:39 AM
You can argue that the BHC-franchise was ruined with Part 3 in 1994 :p

Don't remember it. Whats that tell ya'?:D

halofan1
06-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Red Dragon was pretty good. I'd even have to say better than Michael Mann's take on it. That's saying a lot since I am a huge fan of MM work.

THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratner can go ahead and ruin this franchise. They did that plenty with the third.

Ratner actually manages to make Paul W.S. Anderson look like Kubrick, and that's saying something.

Chemical Superfreak
06-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Uh, yea, Manhunter is very much better than Red Dragon. I didn't hate RD, it's probably my fav Rat film,Norton and Hopkins do next to no wrong, but i just can't endorse anything Rat does over Mann, just the principle of it all.

BHC2 was horrible, i don't understand this appreciation for it at all. Guess i need to see it again.....

r-type
07-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Eddie coming to his senses?! I hope so.

Link (http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/30/eddie-murphy-retiring-dismisses-beverly-hills-cop-4/)

Eddie Murphy Retiring? Dismisses Beverly Hills Cop 4. Also: Brett Ratner Talks “Hard Core R”

Posted on Monday, June 30th, 2008 at 5:54 pm by: Hunter Stephenson (http://www.slashfilm.com/author/hunter-stephenson/)

We all know that Eddie Murphy will end up on screen again—whether as a jivin’ animal, an obese person near a pool, in a third sequel to June ’09’s awful-sounding NowhereLand (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780567/), or (hail mary) Inglorious Bastards. But the man who made Buckwheat even bunnier just announced to Extra (http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/06/eddie_murphy_retiring.php) (classy) that he’s throwing in the towel when it comes to feature films…

“I have close to 50 movies and it’s like, why am I in the movies?” he said, adding, “I’ve done that part now. I’ll go back to the stage and do standup.”
All for it. A (hypothetical) HBO-special with a rowdy blessing from Chris Rock is just what the guy needs. But what about Murphy’s planned Beverly Hills Cop 4 with Brett Ratner and a poor guy dressed up as “PG” (http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/04/get-outta-here-brett-ratners-beverly-hills-cop-4-to-be-pg/) who’s contractually obligated to wave and wave…

Murphy, 47, said that while a “Beverly Hills Cop 4″ flick was in the works, he didn’t want to do it, because “the movie wasn’t ready to be done.”
But will he still put on his Axel Foley body suit anyhow? Murphy’s tiny alien family comedy, Meet Dave (above), opens and possibly flops on July 11th, and he’s currently filming A Thousand Words with Brian Robbins, who directed Meet Dave and Norbit and, uh, Good Burger and The Show concert film with Biggie Smalls. Yeah, it’s probably hopeless, unless there’s a Rosetta Stone for the F-word. Oh yeah, it’s called Eddie Murphy Raw. Hopeless.

CJP
07-01-2008, 10:27 AM
THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratner can go ahead and ruin this franchise. They did that plenty with the third.

Ratner actually manages to make Paul W.S. Anderson look like Kubrick, and that's saying something.

I will go along with that. Anderson just tanks any idea that is given to him. Why do people still give him money to make films? Does he actually turn a profit???

Ok, Manhunter is not Mann's best work, by far. Thief was great, with no Miami Vice looks to it. But it looks like Mann tried to take the book Red Dragon and cram it into his Miami Vice style. Way to trendy of a look for the subject matter. I still like the film, and will always prefer Mann over Ratner any day, but I think Red Dragon is a much better effort. There are some great actors in Manhunter. However, the cast for Red Dragon was mind blowing. If Michael Mann directed Red Dragon today, with how his style has changed, I think it would be much better.

Oh, and yes, I did take off my glove and touch her!

Casey

Devastator
07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Eddie Murphy = not funny anymore. Please retire the family Murphy. Go back to SNL Murphy FFS!