PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Narnia

xAgonyxScenex
05-16-2008, 01:03 PM
So me and a group of friends went and saw this movie on a whim last night at midnight. Sooooooooo much better then the first movie. It felt like a different movie. And the action so so much better. I dont know how this movie got a PG rating. Necks get slit, a head gets cut off. The body count is high. But it was glorious.

The kids seems to have got slightly better as actors, but I wouldn't say by much.

People in the theater seemed to enjoy it. They laughed, they cheered...and they clapped when the movie was over. It was much better then the first.

xXRavenXx
05-16-2008, 01:07 PM
So me and a group of friends went and saw this movie on a whim last night at midnight. Sooooooooo much better then the first movie. It felt like a different movie. And the action so so much better. I dont know how this movie got a PG rating. Necks get slit, a head gets cut off. The body count is high. But it was glorious.

The kids seems to have got slightly better as actors, but I wouldn't say by much.

People in the theater seemed to enjoy it. They laughed, they cheered...and they clapped when the movie was over. It was much better then the first.

Looks like I may have been on to something. *YELLS* HEY, GREAT, Who's got the bold predictions now?! :D

I did hear that it was a very good film!

r-type
05-16-2008, 01:15 PM
So me and a group of friends went and saw this movie on a whim last night at midnight....

The prologue to all of Agony's reviews....makes me wanna see the movie based on this alone. :p

I'm planning on catching this one this weekend.

Were the effects still pretty good I assume?

xXRavenXx
05-16-2008, 01:23 PM
The prologue to all of Agony's reviews....makes me wanna see the movie based on this alone. :p

I've been hooked on aReelz channel for the past week with the Festival starting on the 26th looooots of prep work for me to do with that, but they say it is great.

The effects this time around are 2x as much, there was even a lil 2 minute short on it all. I want to see the totals.

On another note though Indy at Canne? Risky to do that. If it sucks the whole world will find out there and my summer BO predictions will be screwed if it does :mad:

xAgonyxScenex
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM

oh ya...though Aslan is in the movie for maybe all of 5 mins. Though for some reason to me he didn't seem to look as good (in the face). Maybe I have to go back and re watch the first movie. Maybe I'm just being WAAAY to picky.

r-type
05-16-2008, 01:50 PM
oh ya...though Aslan is in the movie for maybe all of 5 mins. Though for some reason to me he didn't seem to look as good (in the face). Maybe I have to go back and re watch the first movie. Maybe I'm just being WAAAY to picky. I wonder if he's too $$$ to have him in more than that.

xAgonyxScenex
05-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I wonder if he's too $$$ to have him in more than that.

did anyone read the book...he may have no been in much of the book either. And im fine with Aslan taking back seat if that was the reason for getting much more and bigger action into the movie.

xAgonyxScenex
05-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Also...if it means anything..the 2 and a half hour run time went by pretty damn fats for all of us

Devastator
05-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Also...if it means anything..the 2 and a half hour run time went by pretty damn fats for all of us

HAHA:eek:

Smokescreen_5
05-16-2008, 07:03 PM
I read all the books when I was a kid.. probably around 14 years old. I found them at my church library. I was surprised they were there since I thought they were mythical type books and the church would be against it, but apparently the author, and the teachings within the book or christian related some how. I never really followed along how they were related.. but I remember reading them and thinking they were great. When I heard the movies were coming out.. I got excited. I can't wait to go see this movie either. I know its one of my top picks for movies this summer.

sora
05-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Is that a kind of new slang? :p
I wish we could see Aslan for more than a few minutes, but it's nice to hear that the movie is so much better than the first episode. My daughter is looking forward to seeing this so much. :)

xAgonyxScenex
05-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Is that a kind of new slang? :p
I wish we could see Aslan for more than a few minutes, but it's nice to hear that the movie is so much better than the first episode. My daughter is looking forward to seeing this so much. :)

errr...fast haha

r-type
05-18-2008, 09:28 PM
It was an ok movie. I actually felt a little worn out by the length of the movie. Some of the setpieces/sfx were pretty cool (I liked when the river came to life), but I felt they cut way too quickly at the beginning (one minute their in London, then BAM! Narnia), and then just lurches forward from then on... :confused:

megatron42
05-19-2008, 09:20 AM
well looks like the price took down ironman

Ana86
05-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I read all the books when I was a kid.. probably around 14 years old. I found them at my church library. I was surprised they were there since I thought they were mythical type books and the church would be against it, but apparently the author, and the teachings within the book or christian related some how. I never really followed along how they were related.. but I remember reading them and thinking they were great. When I heard the movies were coming out.. I got excited. I can't wait to go see this movie either. I know its one of my top picks for movies this summer.

The christian relation to the book is this :
in the beging when aslan creates the other world : how God created our world , the witch of course repersents satan and how satan tries to steal our joy over the beauty of God's creation i.e. the snow palaces etc.

when aslan dies on the stone table it mirrors Jesus's crucifiction, when the girls look after his body it mirrors maria and maria magdalena balsaming his body ready for burial, when aslan comes back from the dead, it mirriors Jesus' rising from the dead after three days.

i kow that at the end of the book all the children meet in a beautiful place that would represent us meeting our loved ones again in heaven.

(can't rememeber if aslan was dead for three days don't have the book with me borrowed it to a friend and I haven't seen the movie yet so i'm going on memory)

Please don't can me for this i just thought i would help clear it up. I'm falling behind with my movies:( damn assignments !

Smokescreen_5
05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
The christian relation to the book is this :
in the beging when aslan creates the other world : how God created our world , the witch of course repersents satan and how satan tries to steal our joy over the beauty of God's creation i.e. the snow palaces etc.

when aslan dies on the stone table it mirrors Jesus's crucifiction, when the girls look after his body it mirrors maria and maria magdalena balsaming his body ready for burial, when aslan comes back from the dead, it mirriors Jesus' rising from the dead after three days.

i kow that at the end of the book all the children meet in a beautiful place that would represent us meeting our loved ones again in heaven.

(can't rememeber if aslan was dead for three days don't have the book with me borrowed it to a friend and I haven't seen the movie yet so i'm going on memory)

Please don't can me for this i just thought i would help clear it up. I'm falling behind with my movies:( damn assignments !

Ahh.. ok. thanks.

devonnewberry
05-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Mehhh I was underwhelmed and ultimately unimpressed.