PDA

View Full Version : r type bee, beej raven, and the other r person

The Great
05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
this is also for ury and sora

Iron man was good. went with two of my boys and it rocked. Then we saw forbidden kingdom. man that movie sucked so glad i didnt pay. dark knight trailer and the hulk trailer was killer on the big screen. tropic thunder will be the shit

r-type
05-04-2008, 11:05 PM
thats a 10-4.

forbidden kingdom was for the kids.

tropic thunder is gonna be funny.

u dont mess with the zohan is gonna piss people off. but i was laughing at the trailer

pineapple express is another one to look out for this summer. :D

uraydo
05-05-2008, 12:15 AM

Iron man was good. went with two of my boys and it rocked. Then we saw forbidden kingdom. man that movie sucked so glad i didnt pay. dark knight trailer and the hulk trailer was killer on the big screen. tropic thunder will be the shit
awwww... I like jackie chan

...jet li...not so much

Beej
05-05-2008, 12:17 AM
It's been a long cold winter and spring has been slow to thaw... peeps been waiting for something to watch:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/iron-man-is-100-million-3-12-day-marvel/
'IRON MAN' IS A ROCKETMAN: SOARS TO $201 MILLION WEEKEND WORLDWIDE; ..."It Beat Will Smith And Jesus!" (http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/iron-man-is-100-million-3-12-day-marvel/)

SUNDAY AM: Here are the official blockbuster numbers -- Paramount Pictures release of Marvel Studiosí Iron Man, in 4,105 theaters, made an estimated $35,125,000 on Friday 5/2, an estimated $37,500,000 on Saturday 5/3, for an estimated 3-day weekend box office of $100,750,000. Advance screenings in select locations, about 2,500 venues, from 8:00 PM to midnight on Thursday 5/1 contributed an additional $3,500,000. With this addition, the total estimated box office is $104,250,000. The estimated international box office for the weekend is $96,750,000 from 57 territories. The total combined estimated global box office for Marvel Studios' Iron Man is $201,000,000.

"It beat Will Smith and Jesus!" gushed a Paramount insider referring to the openings of I Am Legend and The Passion Of The Christ. "It's just mind-blowing. Internally, some people were going into high 80sM and low 90sM but people were laughing at them. We had our own box office poll and maybe one person thought $100M." The monster numbers now make Iron Man the second biggest 3-day release for a non-sequel in the history of Hollywood, behind only Sony's first Spider-Man. It's also the No. 10 movie opening weekend and the No. 4 superhero movie weekend of all time. The $140 million production self-financed by Marvel was also distibutor Paramount's biggest live action opening of all time. I understand that, at first, Paramount thought Thursday's advance screenings generated $5 million, but then discovered that $1.7 million ended up being for 12:01 AM shows so that money went towards Friday gross.

sora
05-05-2008, 04:52 AM
It

sounds

freakin'

nice.

Why September.

http://home.soraya.jp/images/orz.gif

Bumblebee1983
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
It's been a long cold winter and spring has been slow to thaw... peeps been waiting for something to watch:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/iron-man-is-100-million-3-12-day-marvel/
'IRON MAN' IS A ROCKETMAN: SOARS TO $201 MILLION WEEKEND WORLDWIDE; ..."It Beat Will Smith And Jesus!" (http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/iron-man-is-100-million-3-12-day-marvel/)

SUNDAY AM: Here are the official blockbuster numbers -- Paramount Pictures release of Marvel Studiosí Iron Man, in 4,105 theaters, made an estimated $35,125,000 on Friday 5/2, an estimated $37,500,000 on Saturday 5/3, for an estimated 3-day weekend box office of $100,750,000. Advance screenings in select locations, about 2,500 venues, from 8:00 PM to midnight on Thursday 5/1 contributed an additional $3,500,000. With this addition, the total estimated box office is $104,250,000. The estimated international box office for the weekend is $96,750,000 from 57 territories. The total combined estimated global box office for Marvel Studios' Iron Man is $201,000,000.

"It beat Will Smith and Jesus!" gushed a Paramount insider referring to the openings of I Am Legend and The Passion Of The Christ. "It's just mind-blowing. Internally, some people were going into high 80sM and low 90sM but people were laughing at them. We had our own box office poll and maybe one person thought $100M." The monster numbers now make Iron Man the second biggest 3-day release for a non-sequel in the history of Hollywood, behind only Sony's first Spider-Man. It's also the No. 10 movie opening weekend and the No. 4 superhero movie weekend of all time. The $140 million production self-financed by Marvel was also distibutor Paramount's biggest live action opening of all time. I understand that, at first, Paramount thought Thursday's advance screenings generated $5 million, but then discovered that $1.7 million ended up being for 12:01 AM shows so that money went towards Friday gross.

Okay, that "It's beat Will Smith and Jesus" bit had me giggling.

It

sounds

freakin'

nice.

Why September.

http://home.soraya.jp/images/orz.gif

Aww...sora, I'm sorry you have to wait.

But it'll be worth it. :cool:

xXRavenXx
05-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Pineapple Express in August :D.

Seeing Iron Man this afternoon. Dark Knight is my film I personally am wanting to see. Then after that Hell Boy II Indy and Hancock.

Glad I didn't care too much for the trailers to Forbidden Kingdom.

Oh, and any word on if Lars and the Real Girl? I wanna know if it's worth even watching; oh yea, and what about Red Belt?

Okay, that "It's beat Will Smith and Jesus" bit had me giggling.

Aww...sora, I'm sorry you have to wait.

But it'll be worth it. :cool:

"Step Into the Bad Side" Sora... get a Pirated copy; after all China is in that same Hemisphere shouldn't be hard to get one... just watch for lead paint content on the dvd box.

Bumblebee1983
05-05-2008, 11:17 AM

Seeing Iron Man this afternoon. Dark Knight is my film I personally am wanting to see. Then after that Hell Boy II Indy and Hancock.

Oh, and any word on if Lars and the Real Girl? I wanna know if it's worth even watching; oh yea, and what about Red Belt?

Yup, I'll be taking a trip on the Pineapple Express come August. :D

Dude, stay through the credits of Iron Man. Samuel L.....yeah, totally worth it.

sora
05-05-2008, 01:10 PM
"Step Into the Bad Side" Sora... get a Pirated copy; after all China is in that same Hemisphere shouldn't be hard to get one... just watch for lead paint content on the dvd box.
I keep my hands off any pirated copies. :( Besides, no matter how good Iron Man movie is, the only movie I want to fly 9 hours to see is TF2. :)

Bumblebee1983
05-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Did you mean to quote a 'Dreamgirls' song there?

And now it's in my head....

xXRavenXx
05-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Did you mean to quote a 'Dreamgirls' song there?

And now it's in my head....

Yes I did :D

Bumblebee1983
05-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes I did :D

Ahhh....okay, just checking. :)

Z28 Autobot
05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
why was this just for them?

The Great
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
why was this just for them?because you haven't stepped up your game

Bumblebee1983
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
why was this just for them?

:p

because you haven't stepped up your game

SNAP YO!!! :D

Z28 Autobot
05-08-2008, 11:40 PM
because you haven't stepped up your game

ohh really..there could be a lot said about that...but I wont get into it....:eek:

Game...only when there is a game to play my friend...only when there is a game..;)